SIGNED: DE Josh Williams

You got to be kidding me!!!! With the opportunity of a lifetime staring him in the face, he goes and pulls a dumb butt move like this? If it is true, then we don't need him within 500 miles of Memorial Stadium. If this is true, he will be getting his degree from the Texas Penal System.

Dont be jumping to any conclusions, please read mine and huskerguy's comments above. This whole thing just sounds too fishy and the guy who got attack could be charged for false reporting when he told the cops that Josh hit him in reality he did not.

You got to be kidding me!!!! With the opportunity of a lifetime staring him in the face, he goes and pulls a dumb butt move like this? If it is true, then we don't need him within 500 miles of Memorial Stadium. If this is true, he will be getting his degree from the Texas Penal System.

Dont be jumping to any conclusions, please read mine and huskerguy's comments above. This whole thing just sounds too fishy and the guy who got attack could be charged for false reporting when he told the cops that Josh hit him in reality he did not.

I hope you are right man!!!! It is sad that the media is spinning this....maybe they are UT fans and are mad that he signed with NU. Hopefully they get everything straightened out.

I said IF....

I said IF....

HAHAHAHA!!!!

You said, "If".

:lol:

Sorry..Just trying to make Axl feel better about the "penal comment".

Hard to imagine Josh being owed $900 by someone that didn't involve drugs/gambling..Whole nother can of worms..

I know..Worms I said!

I said IF....

HAHAHAHA!!!!

You said, "If".

:lol:

Sorry..Just trying to make Axl feel better about the "penal comment".

Hard to imagine Josh being owed $900 by someone that didn't involve drugs/gambling..Whole nother can of worms..

I know..Worms I said!

:sarcasm Maybe it was supposed to be payment for a some "hot" merchandise.

All right lets clear some things up....

Josh Williams NEVER threw a punch, there was a third party involved in this, and the victim has admitted this to the lawyer.

The victim was a classmate of Josh Williams, and not just some random robbery. There is some reason to believe the money could have first been Josh's or money owed to Josh.

This will be interesting to see how this plays out, but for now he has been sent to a alternative school.

That article is very poorly written and makes some big assumptions.

Well hopefully that's the case and truth comes out.

That way this whole thing can end quickly and painlessly.

I was really looking forward to watching him play.

What I had heard was that he punched a guy and took the cash. One would have to think that there was more to it than that. You'd have to think that for some reason he though the cash was his. We'll see what comes out...maybe the guy screwed him over on a car or something.

Right now on 1620 Brian Munson is talking about the Josh Williams incident and there are I guess a lot of inaccurate facts being tossed around in newspapers down in Texas coming from a source to some one close to Josh Williams. I guess this person that was attacked by Josh was close to Josh and goes to the same school with Josh. And Josh DID NOT punch the victim cause there was a third person involved too. Sounds fishy to me.

And why would someone be counting money in their truck???

http://journalstar.com/huskerextra/footbal...be518137969.txt

Husker recruit accused of robbery

By BRIAN CHRISTOPHERSON / Lincoln Journal Star

Thursday, Apr 10, 2008 - 03:53:30 pm CDT

After being accused of robbing a man in Denton, Texas, Husker football recruit Josh Williams was released from jail Tuesday.

The Denton Record-Chronicle reports that the 17-year-old Williams is accused of robbing a man of $900.

According to the newspaper, the man told police Williams approached him Friday while he was sitting in his truck, counting his payroll check. A brief conversation ensued between the two before Williams reached into the truck, punched the man in the face and ran off with the cash, according to the report.

Husker head coach Bo Pelini said he is aware of the situation and is awaiting more information. The family did not wish to comment on the matter when reached Thursday afternoon.

Williams, a 6-foot-4, 220-pound defensive end standout from Denton’s Ryan High School, was one of 28 high school seniors to sign a national letter of intent with Nebraska this past recruiting season.

He was viewed as one of the top prep prospects in Texas, making the list of Dallas Morning News’ Top 100 area players.

During his senior year, he had 75 tackles, 25 of them for losses, along with 12 sacks.

Williams originally committed to the Huskers in July, only to waver in December after Nebraska’s coaching shakeup. He even briefly committed to Colorado.

But a January visit to the Lincoln campus turned Williams’ favor back to the Huskers.

Williams turned down Texas, Colorado, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Arkansas, Kansas, Kentucky and Missouri, among others.

Don't say anything about a third person, says he is the one that punched the other guy in the face and took his money...don't think we will be seeing him in Nebraska anytime soon. :angry:

Even if he knew the other guy, he is still looking at robbery and assault charges. Even if someone owes you money, you can't just walk up and punch him out and take it from him. And it don't matter why this guy was sitting in his truck counting his money...ever go to the drive thru bank window...guess I cound my money in the car when I do.

Williams is toast on this one, and because it happened in Texas, he will go to jail, no doubt. What a way to throw away an opportunity to make something of yourself. This was a stupid move, and ithis is not what we are looking for to create the "Blackshirt Mentality". You play hard and fast, but you don't play stupid. This was stupid. :nutz

Yank the scholarship and give it to someone else. Why tie up a scholarship on someone that even puts himself in a position to be accused of something like this? By yanking the scholarship, you send a message that you better watch out who you associate with. I am betting they have enough evidence to nail him, or he wouldn't have been arrested.

Right now on 1620 Brian Munson is talking about the Josh Williams incident and there are I guess a lot of inaccurate facts being tossed around in newspapers down in Texas coming from a source to some one close to Josh Williams. I guess this person that was attacked by Josh was close to Josh and goes to the same school with Josh. And Josh DID NOT punch the victim cause there was a third person involved too. Sounds fishy to me.

And why would someone be counting money in their truck???

http://journalstar.com/huskerextra/footbal...be518137969.txt

Husker recruit accused of robbery

By BRIAN CHRISTOPHERSON / Lincoln Journal Star

Thursday, Apr 10, 2008 - 03:53:30 pm CDT

After being accused of robbing a man in Denton, Texas, Husker football recruit Josh Williams was released from jail Tuesday.

The Denton Record-Chronicle reports that the 17-year-old Williams is accused of robbing a man of $900.

According to the newspaper, the man told police Williams approached him Friday while he was sitting in his truck, counting his payroll check. A brief conversation ensued between the two before Williams reached into the truck, punched the man in the face and ran off with the cash, according to the report.

Husker head coach Bo Pelini said he is aware of the situation and is awaiting more information. The family did not wish to comment on the matter when reached Thursday afternoon.

Williams, a 6-foot-4, 220-pound defensive end standout from Denton’s Ryan High School, was one of 28 high school seniors to sign a national letter of intent with Nebraska this past recruiting season.

He was viewed as one of the top prep prospects in Texas, making the list of Dallas Morning News’ Top 100 area players.

During his senior year, he had 75 tackles, 25 of them for losses, along with 12 sacks.

Williams originally committed to the Huskers in July, only to waver in December after Nebraska’s coaching shakeup. He even briefly committed to Colorado.

But a January visit to the Lincoln campus turned Williams’ favor back to the Huskers.

Williams turned down Texas, Colorado, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Arkansas, Kansas, Kentucky and Missouri, among others.

Don't say anything about a third person, says he is the one that punched the other guy in the face and took his money...don't think we will be seeing him in Nebraska anytime soon. :angry:

Even if he knew the other guy, he is still looking at robbery and assault charges. Even if someone owes you money, you can't just walk up and punch him out and take it from him. Williams is toast on this one, and because it happened in Texas, he will go to jail, no doubt. What a way to throw away an opportunity to make something of yourself. This was a stupid move, and ithis is not what we are looking for to create the "Blackshirt Mentality". You play hard and fast, but you don't play stupid. This was stupid. :nutz

Well according to another reporter who talked to someone extremely close to Josh there was another person involved... just wait and don't make such big judgments already... let the facts come out

I remember when Major Culbert was "gone" and Maurice Purify was "gone"

Bryan Munson just talked about is arrest on 1620.

What did he say?

He said that the man who got punched is a classmate of Williams' and that a third party was involved. He also stated that their was a ton of innaccurate information out. He said Williams was in an alternative school and will be for about 30 days(could be shortened to 20). He said we'll just have to see when the truth actually comes out.

Sorry, but I am one that believes that if you associate with scum, you are scum. If he didn't do it, and the guy set him up, or he was with someone else that did do it, it is all the same to me...he is associating with scum, or he is scum. I am sure that someone didn't wake up and decide Williams would be a good target for something like this, and call in a false police report. I am also pretty sure that the police would have had to have some kind of evidence besides one guys word against another.

If he can't graduate from HS, and get up to Nebraska without getting into trouble, I am willing to bet that he would be in trouble somewhere in the next 4 years in Nebraska, and we would be reading about it again. I take the Tom Landry approach, look for quality people that can take care of themselves and be positive role models. Not potential gang members.