RB David Oku

In an article I read, I came away with thinking it will be between NU and UT. I dont think that FSU is much of a threat because of Bobby Bowdens age. He realizes that Bobby wont be the coach there for ever, and it might just be after next season.

He has a friend from HS that plays at Tenn., and really likes Bo and Cotton.

Will announce on Dec 11.

funny that the Gooners and the Cowgirls are not an option anymore.

Wants to play for a team that lives and dies football

Hell the whole state of Nebraska, lives and dies fotball, so what would be better than playing for NU

I gotta say, it's looking good for us right now.

Oku wants to play in a program that lives and dies football. Well, that's Nebraska.

He doesn't want to play in the spread because he doesn't feel it prepares you for the next level. That's Nebraska (for the meantime).

He likes Coach Beck and Coach Cotton. Nebraska.

He likes running behind big linemen. Nebraska.

Nebraska, Illinois, Michigan, Tennessee, and Florida State are his final prospects (note Oklahoma is not in that list). Michigan runs the spread, Illinois is run by a used car salesman (and runs a spread-option), Florida State's HC won't be around too much longer. That leaves Tennessee where a good friend of his goes. I don't know much about their offensive system, but if he's serious about his preferences, Nebraska is really the most logical choice based on his own parameters. If Bo and Co. can pull off some serious winning this year to attract him, Oku might sprint, juke, cut, and spin his way N.

wanna link me to some of these articles where he says he wants to play for a program that lives and dies football?

I suppose the above info came from the latest article about him on Scout. :dunno

Anyway, I'm sure most kids want to go to a place where football is important.

I will neither confirm nor deny that the alleged information may or may not have indeed been secured by certain unnamed parties from the source you have heretofore raised as a speculative and non-binding rationale for an alleged source. :lol:

However considering TN already has 2 :star :star :star :star RBs and 1 :star :star :star and FSU has a :star :star :star :star, you have to wonder what's up with that.

FSU just added another :star :star :star :star RB in Lonnie Pryor.

Michigan had 4 :star :star :star :star RBs in last years class. However, it seems playing time is not a very big factor in which schools kids choose. The article is about some economists who studied statistical data from Rivals to develop a model for predicting college choices. Distance from the player's home town and whether they took a visit were the two biggest factors (no duh) in predicting which school they would pick, but kids surprisingly appear more likely to pick schools with greater depth at their position.

Here are the significant factors:

# Whether the athlete made an “official visit” to a specific college

# Whether the school is in a BCS conference

# The distance from the high school athlete’s hometown to a specific school

# Whether the recruit is in the same state as a specific school

# The final AP Ranking of a specific school in the previous year of competition

# The number of conference titles a school has recorded in recent years

# Whether the school is currently under a “bowl ban” for violating NCAA rules

# The current number of scholarship reductions a school faces for violating NCAA rules

# The size of the team’s stadium (measured in terms of seating capacity)

# Whether the school has an on-campus stadium

# The current age of the team’s stadium

Here are the factors which are not:

# the school’s graduation rate,

# the number of Bowl Championship Series (BCS) bowl appearances,

# the current roster depth at the recruited player’s position,

# the number of players from a specific college drafted by the NFL, and

# even the number of national championships won by a particular program