SIGNED: QB Cody Green

Here is a link to Cody's teams highlights. His number is 7 and that is how the highlights are labeled.

http://houston.hsgametime.com/index.php?pa...&type=video

LINKAGE

Read the box wrong. Still a hell of a night.

Looks VERY good. I'm impressed with his running ability considering his size. Should be great in the spread option type system it seems that we are moving towards.

is he hurt?

espn has it as a severe injury?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/t...ol?schoolId=158

and this picture from his high school website has him on crutches...

http://www.daytonisd.net/schools/dhs/DHS_W...N_HOME_PAGE.htm

any news on this?

Picture is from last year when Cody messed up some ligaments in his ankle.

Cody actually had a game tonight. Stats ..

Passing: 17-23 (74%), 279 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

Rushing: 20 rushes for 130 yards, 5 TDs

Basically, over 400 yards of total offense and 6 TDs. Another ho-hum night for our future QB. :)

• 2 weeks later...

here is Daytons game from last night.....

Coming into Friday night, it was assumed Dayton and C.E. King would have no problem producing offensive fireworks.

As it turned out, it was the Broncos who had little trouble lighting up the scoreboard as Dayton clinched the District 19-4A title with a 46-7 rout of the Panthers.

Dayton (7-1, 6-0 19-4A), piled up 297 yards of offense in the first half and scored on all five of its possessions to jump out to a 32-7 lead.

The duo of quarterback Cody Green and receiver A.J. Dugat were the main attraction for Dayton as they combined for six touchdowns.

The Panthers (6-2, 5-1) took a brief 7-6 lead after Terrance Guy’s 2-yard touchdown run at the 4:02 mark of the first quarter before the Broncos scored 40 unanswered points.

Cameron LaCour’s 58-yard kickoff return following the King touchdown helped signal an avalanche of offense from Dayton, which won its ninth district title in the last 13 years.

Four plays later, Green gave the Broncos the lead for good when he ran 2 yards for a touchdown and then found Dugat on a conversion pass to make it a 14-7 game.

The Broncos then added three more scores in the second quarter as Dugat scored on a 14-yard run while Green added two scoring runs.

Green and Dugat put the game well out of reach when they paired up for a 56-yard strike late in the third quarter to extend the Dayton lead to 40-7.

“What can you say about those two?” said coach Jerry Stewart of Dayton. “They have been doing it for us all year, so why should tonight be any different.”

• 3 weeks later...

i am excited about this kid playing ball for us. i hope he stay's commited cuz he would give watson so many more options. he would help the option we run a bit with Ganz and it is dangerous but with a faster QB like Green we could start running it like we did several years ago. he is also a darn good passer from what i saw when i watched his rivals highlight tapes. he's the kind of athlete that will make watson's offenses chirp idk when he will start for us be it as a frosh or whenever but it is well worth the wait.