Cody Glenn was Selling Tickets

@IntheDeedtheGlory: the NFL is willing to take people with criminal records, we all know that. It's just a "risk" and at the 5th round, a pretty low one.

The story actually holds a lot of water(*IMO), except Glenn came out and said it was scalping tickets. Given (especially) the recent complete denial of this by the NU athletic dept., the story carries even more clout. Now, I don't know (and I doubt that I, or any of us who don't, SHOULD know) exactly what went down, but we all pretty much know now that it's not selling tickets. What a reversal.

“It was news to us too,” said Josh White, Nebraska’s assistant athletic director who handles NCAA compliance issues. “I don’t think it’s the case. ... I think Cody was trying to represent himself better."

If Cody and the University of Nebraska are not on the same page about a clear NCAA violation — and that has just been verified — then we will not be "moving on" for a bit. It could get ugly. But I'm guessing the Redskins vetted through Pelini, not Cody, and everyone will figure a way to sweep it back under the rug.

Unless the NCAA gets pissy.

By the way, Laurence Phillips was an open book of violence, abuse and horrible judgement when he was drafted in the first round.

So for all those bashing me yesterday and calling me troll, etc will you at least take back all the names you called me.

Once again I still don't expect some of you to believe me but at least give me the benefit of the doubt by admitting my story is sounding alot more plausible than it did at this time yesterday.

So for all those bashing me yesterday and calling me troll, etc will you at least take back all the names you called me.

Once again I still don't expect some of you to believe me but at least give me the benefit of the doubt by admitting my story is sounding alot more plausible than it did at this time yesterday.

Yes it does sound more plausible today. I don't think I called you any names. If I did I apologize.

branskypants = too big for own britches?

Anyone else find it funny that branskypants claims he doesn't care whether anyone believes him, but continues to vociferously defend his position?

Because when I'm right about something I'm gonna keep pushing it. I can't make you believe me and I'd probably let it be if it wasn't for all the juvenile comments that get thrown back at me.

Once again I get no satisfaction out of the way this situation was handled but I will get alot of satisfaction watching half of you eat your words.

I have a feeling though when the story finally comes out the same people bashing me will be nowhere to be found.

Yes it does sound more plausible today. I don't think I called you any names. If I did I apologize.

Not a big deal, I've stressed multiple times if I hadn't heard this story from the people I did I probably wouldn't believe it either.

I personally have had enough of the he said this and you said that crap.

This thread has been ugly at times and I am asking you all please to put aside the bickering and stick to the topic. The truth will come out and it may be a bitter pill or not but we are fans of the same team.

Big Willie:

I haven't always agreed with you on things, but have always repsected your opinion, and assume that you are one of the people on the board "in the loop". With that said, I ask you to give a few "hints" at what Cody did. I too, do not believe that he sold tickets....I have a few people "in the loop" and have heard "rumors"....but never posted them... In the Omaha paper, he almost thanked Bo for moving him to LB, which obviously gave him a chance to play in the NFL, but at the same time, put the University in jeopardy..... If he is "dead to you" as a Husker, don't feel bad about "giving him up"....inquiring minds want to know.

I'm not even gonna try to go down that road of dropping hints. Sorry bro. All I'll say is that it was a personal matter for Cody that the coaches decided to help him get out of, even though they did not have to. The coaches did him a complete favor when most likely would not.

Like I said, if anyone really believes Cody were selling tickets, then a NCAA investigation would be going on right now. It isn't, so that should tell you how much to believe Cody's story.

And someone asked if Cody got caught before he actually did it - that would not matter, at least not to the NCAA. You would still need to research if it possibly happened before so that the NCAA doesn't come snooping around later.

And if we were in the clear, the story would have been released by a local writer who has been sitting on the story for what, 6 months now? I mean really, if it was nothing, Sipple or Shatel would have been more than happy to write that story by now just to get some hits on their newspaper website. The Washington Post would not be the first to carry the story.

What's that smell? Is that crow?

Lots of people were pretty hard on braskypants yesterday.

Perhaps the "sin" committed by TO and Bo here is a sin of omission. My guess is that this goes away immediately or gets ugly by the end of today. (covering my bases here)

I wish it were, just selling his tickets. I remember in the early 70s when about few dozen of the football team had to sit out one game. They let them sit out different games, so we could field most of the starters and backups, for each game. That was for "giving" their tickets to people that were not close family like Mom,Dad,bro's,sis. So there might be more to this story, than we will ever know.

I do think that for all of you that have lost "respect" for T.O., you might want to consider that maybe he was following the wishes of the family, to keep this out of the papers. There were a lot of people making some tough decision, the worst of those decisions, Cody and the girl if its true. JMO

GBR!!!