SIGNED OT Zach Sterup

Iowa said Sterup could play bball and fball?! At the college level thats a ridiculous idea. Fall and Spring sports should be allowed, but those two schedule over top of each other. Would he just join the bball team when the conference season hits? I guess Neb is bad enough at ballin that maybe Doc would let that fly. I doubt Bo is letting him miss any time with the team though.

Iowa said Sterup could play bball and fball?! At the college level thats a ridiculous idea. Fall and Spring sports should be allowed, but those two schedule over top of each other. Would he just join the bball team when the conference season hits? I guess Neb is bad enough at ballin that maybe Doc would let that fly. I doubt Bo is letting him miss any time with the team though.

Yeah I'm not buying that either. I can see some players being spring/fall players but none are going to be playing two fall sports at this level competitively.

The time that would require while still maintaining an academic career would be hard enough, but considering this is a guy that at the college level at his height is going to end up being in the 285 range for football and needs a low center of gravity and a lot of upper body strength and a conditioning program that peaks out short bursts, for basketball he'd be listed as a PF and his strength/conditioning and weight level/distribution would have to be almost exactly opposite.

Physically it just isn't feasable for a guy to play college basketball AND be a college offensive lineman.

thats the rumor i heard...... sounds crazy i agree

Iowa's Bball team is no prize jewel, either. I remember when I was younger, they used to be at least decent. Last year, they were probably the third best team in Iowa, behind UNI and ISU. They'd have to have a playoff with Drake. I'd give us a slight edge over them.

Not to let the Iowa bashing begin, but I feel we're clearly the better football team, too.

Matt Davison didn't really play basketball. Sure he was on the team, but mop up duty most the time. Wilson Thomas played on the basketball team. Even started. He was a wide reciever when crouch was here (the one out running crouch at the end of the 95 yd missouri td). He was a great athlete. He joined basketball once the football season was over. If we passed more back then or he committed to one sport or the other he could have gone pro on athletic ability alone.