CB Tevin Mitchel

Nexus

i know ill get some flack for it. but if you are his friend on fbook. you'll see some evidence. and i wonder if there was any ncaa violation in it. it looks fishy to me. his new pictures on the ark visit is what im talking about

nvm, they're gone, for obvious reasons im sure

What were they, exactly?

He was wearing a Arkansas Jersey with his number and name on it and they even gave him his own locker. with his name and number on it

i know ill get some flack for it. but if you are his friend on fbook. you'll see some evidence. and i wonder if there was any ncaa violation in it. it looks fishy to me. his new pictures on the ark visit is what im talking about

What were they, exactly?

He was wearing a Arkansas Jersey with his number and name on it and they even gave him his own locker. with his name and number on it

Oops. Oh well. What's a couple more secondary violations in the SEC?

What were they, exactly?

FROM TOS

post-7906-097945500 1292264663.jpg

Secondary violation if anything. Kiffin had an issue like this at Tennessee w/ smoke in the tunnel before players ran onto the field. TN doesn't even use smoke on game-day, but they still had to self report it.

I'm not sure the jersey thing could be construed as simulating a game experience. It's apparel. Every time a kid leaves NU after an official they seem to be loaded up on Nebraska gear. Jersey really isn't anything different. It's nothing the public can't purchase.

What were they, exactly?

FROM TOS

Gift Guidelines

The rules strictly forbid an athlete from accepting monetary gifts or special arrangements for family and friends. This rule applies throughout the entire recruiting process—on- and off-campus visits, tournament contacts, official signing day—and continues throughout the athlete’s collegiate career. Neither the athlete nor his parents or guardian may borrow money from a representative of a college or university at any point in the recruiting process. Gifts of the following items are also prohibited: personalized jerseys, team merchandise, equipment, clothing, loans or co-signing of loans, employment arrangements and free or discounted housing.

http://blog.stack.com/2010/10/14/must-know-ncaa-recruiting-rules-and-regulations/

I assume this is correct.

Secondary violation if anything. Kiffin had an issue like this at Tennessee w/ smoke in the tunnel before players ran onto the field. TN doesn't even use smoke on game-day, but they still had to self report it.

I'm not sure the jersey thing could be construed as simulating a game experience. It's apparel. Every time a kid leaves NU after an official they seem to be loaded up on Nebraska gear. Jersey really isn't anything different. It's nothing the public can't purchase.

I dont think the jersey is as big of a deal as the names on the back of the jersey and the kids names on the lockers. I might be wrong, but thats they way I look it.

I dont think the jersey is as big of a deal as the names on the back of the jersey and the kids names on the lockers. I might be wrong, but thats they way I look it.

Yes. This is exactly what I was thinking.

I really hope we get this kid but like Nexus said the Pelini brothers (and Marvin Sanders) have taken some 3 star guys and basically developed them into top tier cornerbacks . Unfortunately home is where the heart is so in the end we may end up losing Mitchel. We'll just have to wait and see. You never know. He may think twice about what kind of coaching aka opportunity he will get at Nebraska and realize that his family can always jump in a car and come visit him.

13.6.7.9 Activities. An institution may not arrange miscellaneous, personalized recruiting aids (e.g., personalized jerseys, personalized audio/video scoreboard presentations) and may not permit a prospective student-athlete to engage in any game-day simulations (e.g., running onto the field with the team during pre-game introductions) during an official visit. Personalized recruiting aids include any decorative items and special additions to any location the prospective student-athlete will visit (e.g., hotel room, locker room, coach’s office, conference room, arena) regardless of whether or not the items include the prospective student-athlete’s name or picture.

13.6.7.9 Activities. An institution may not arrange miscellaneous, personalized recruiting aids (e.g., personalized jerseys, personalized audio/video scoreboard presentations) and may not permit a prospective student-athlete to engage in any game-day simulations (e.g., running onto the field with the team during pre-game introductions) during an official visit. Personalized recruiting aids include any decorative items and special additions to any location the prospective student-athlete will visit (e.g., hotel room, locker room, coachs office, conference room, arena) regardless of whether or not the items include the prospective student-athletes name or picture.

Wow! This is what everyone on MB is talking about.

Picture on MB with Tevin in Arky jersey and some players have names on lockers!

What were they, exactly?

FROM TOS

Looks like they mean business, especially #13 and 45....tuck that shirt in!!