Martin and Marlowe Under Big XII Review

knapplc

Leach suspended that goofball halloween makeup lineman last year for posting something about the team on twitter so Bo might take action...he should before the big12 gets to take credit for it. He could quickly go from being a whiny baby (in the media's eyes) to a coach that is "over it."

On a side note I kinda wish TO would post something like that on his twitter account. :)

Ok, first of all, this might be the most retarded things I've seen in a while. If this actually does occur, I think my idea for a "Sherman's March to the Sea" scenario should take effect for the last games.

Secondly, it's the internet. Tons of dumbasses are gunning for us. That should have occured to them, but they are frustrated, and kids. Doesn't necessarily make it right, but I completely understand.

This has gone beyond frustrating to just sad. We have video evidence that Jerrod-Eddie had intent to injure a defenseless athlete after a play, and he gets a 15-second conversation with Sherman. Martin and Marlowe posts harmless Facebook statuses and get tracked down by the league withing 48 hours. Unheard of.

It's also unbelievable to me that I've seen at least five hits since the Okie Lite game as bad or worse than Martin's and not a single Big 12 player has been suspended. Really disgusting and disappointing that the national media hasn't even bothered looking at the whole ordeal.

Couple years ago, ut center Buck Burnette was kicked off the team after making a racist comment on Facebook about Obama right after he was elected. Warranted? I don't know - probably more to save university face than anything, but that's how things are these days.

Marlowe is pretty articulate - English major, maybe?

There's a rule about it-- what can you do? DB (appropriate initials) doesn't have to say anything about the officiating because the rule doesn't make allowances for "Unless true..." By now, if these players don't understand that your "friends" aren't your friends and some of them are just looking to rat you out just for the sake of doing it, they need to learn at some point.

So, I guess the take-home lesson from all of this is don't post stuff on facebook that you wouldn't say on, say, TV or in front of a crowded lecture hall with press there. You wouldn't staple that picture of you topless and drunk to your resume or put it on your desk at work? Don't put it on facebook.

Yeesh. How many stories do we have to hear about people getting fired or not hired over that type of crap? I think that those particular moves by employers are complete and total BS, but being a member of a team in a (crappy) conference carries with it certain restrictions because of the participants' high profile. It might be crap, but it is what it is.

Oh, and I sure hope that DB scours every other big 12 player's facebook page now... :moreinteresting :moreinteresting

I vaguely remember something at the start of the season, when nothing important was going on, ESPN had a bit about how Alabama (I think) didn't let their players have Facebook or twitter accounts. It wasn't really enforced, and I have to assume most players had the accounts under fake names to talk to friends, family, etc... Now I see why.

Players should be entitled to some privacy, but when they use it as a public voice I see how it looks. It would be like Bo saying at the presser that the refs suck. Its true, but you just can't say it out loud (yet).

I'm sorry, it sounds like Martin and Marlowe really brought this thing on themselves. Bo must be pissed.

I wonder if their FB profiles are set to private or not. If all the privacy settings are on, it would be an interesting question if this stuff is in the public domain.

If ANY players on the team show this kind of attitude, it's a bad sign. Whining about refs, that's something for us fans to do, not the team, which should be fixing for the next game and taking care of what is under their own control. These are called distractions. Unfortunately, you wonder if they are simply taking the cue from the display our HC put on. One of the bigger reasons why Bo should tone it down in that area.

• Fire 1

A part of me wants them to be suspended. It might bring more national focus on the issue.

I also think Martin is a liability now. He's going to get called for nothing because he's infamous.

Can you imagine if Martin saw the field as a rush end? With the hard-on the refs have for him, he couldn't hit anyone without drawing a flag.