Corey Raymond CB coach from Indiana has joined the NU staff.

Once again we don't have anything to go on except that Raymond may be joining the staff. Can we let the school make a statement and then ask questions? Today was about recruiting. We have a fine class and it get's immediately overshadowed by rumors. I think that's why Bo opted for the teleconference. When the time comes maybe we will know what happened and maybe not. It may end up being none of our business and a personnel issue. We live in a world where everyone wants to out dig the other guy. The trouble is no one wants to wait for the truth so they make up crap.

We have a WR's brother saying his position coach is fired, we know another coach said that Raymond will be coaching DB's. Those two coaches mysteriously aren't at the recruiting dinner tonight, nor is our offensive coordinator.

Smoke, fire...

Nor is our head coach....let the rumors begin

They canceled Football 101 this year as well. Makes you wonder what's going on with Bo.

Maybe Bo is taking some Bo-Time to relax, regroup and find his happy place this off-season. Maybe that's why there was no presser, maybe that's why there was no announcement of anything.

Maybe Bo is pulling an Urban Meyer (minus the resigning part, I hope).

Please dont dare have a different opinion then knapplc, your out of touch if you dont agree with him. Which apparently quite a few people are.

Calm down. You're welcome to your opinion, and you're welcome to disagree with me and I'll disagree with you. You'll support your position and I'll support mine.

I'm not concerned that you don't agree with me. Why are you so upset that I have a differing opinion from you?

Please dont dare have a different opinion then knapplc, your out of touch if you dont agree with him. Which apparently quite a few people are.

Calm down. You're welcome to your opinion, and you're welcome to disagree with me and I'll disagree with you. You'll support your position and I'll support mine.

I'm not concerned that you don't agree with me. Why are you so upset that I have a differing opinion from you?

Im not upset, i respect your opinion, im not the one laughing at you for your comments. I guess i need thicker skin.

Im not upset, i respect your opinion, im not the one laughing at you for your comments. I guess i need thicker skin.

Have you been drinking tonight? Just curious, honestly.

Cotton is not going BO has stated he is a great line coach. O line needs to run the same offense every year that's how you maintain a pipe line by the time you are 2 years in you know what to do you just get better. The constant changes in the offense does not help a line to develop.

I don't think BO is bringing anybody in from the ducks,just my feeling. It will be somebody he's worked with or knows well ,if you go by pass history.

Once again we don't have anything to go on except that Raymond may be joining the staff. Can we let the school make a statement and then ask questions? Today was about recruiting. We have a fine class and it get's immediately overshadowed by rumors. I think that's why Bo opted for the teleconference. When the time comes maybe we will know what happened and maybe not. It may end up being none of our business and a personnel issue. We live in a world where everyone wants to out dig the other guy. The trouble is no one wants to wait for the truth so they make up crap.

We have a WR's brother saying his position coach is fired, we know another coach said that Raymond will be coaching DB's. Those two coaches mysteriously aren't at the recruiting dinner tonight, nor is our offensive coordinator.

Smoke, fire...

Nor is our head coach....let the rumors begin

They canceled Football 101 this year as well. Makes you wonder what's going on with Bo.

Maybe Bo is taking some Bo-Time to relax, regroup and find his happy place this off-season. Maybe that's why there was no presser, maybe that's why there was no announcement of anything.

Maybe Bo is pulling an Urban Meyer (minus the resigning part, I hope).

Maybe he's at a PR seminar. ;)

Don't get your feelings confused with the rest of the fan base. You are part of a handful of people that think something bad happened today. There are just as many of us that think you all are being silly.

Someone said, and I think it was you but I may be wrong, that Bo views his relationship with the media and the fan base as contentious. As a fan I don't care at all how Bo treats the media. Those self-important dingleberries don't represent me. If he is mean to them I don't feel anything. Why do you?

On top of that the public is fickle- win and you can get away with a lot. Lose and you get fired no matter what.

When I go to Facebook most all of my Nebraska peeps are talking about the class, not the teleconference.

BTW- did anybody notice we signed a pretty good class today.

Yawn. I'm as dispassionate about this as usual. I have no vested interest in this, I'm simply pointing out what's going on. If you can't see it, don't blame me.

And if your peeps are that out of touch, it's possible you're not that clued in on the tenor of the fan base. But whatever.

macro is 100% right, you and mostly you blew all of this way up. A few people agree with you but alot do not. You Sir are the one that is out of touch. I like how you think that your opinion is always right and when someone disagrees with you they are "out of touch" There is nothing going on.

This is Kevin Wilsons fault. He came out and announced a staff change for a school hes not coaching. What right does he have going public saying hes going to be coaching DBs at NU when its not even public knowledge that our DB coach is leaving. And why and the hell is he talking about it on NSD. Almost like he did it on purpose? Like he was mad that we are taking a coach from them, especially after BO recommended him. I bet you a million bucks Bo gave Kevin and ear full tonight. That was very unprofessional.

Notice when ekler was leaving Bo, when asked if ekler was going to Indiana, refused to comment on it until it became official even thou everyone already knew...it wasnt his potion to say anything on the subject...and it wasnt Wilsons. We should be pissed at him for taking attention away from our great class.

Yeah! It's Casey Martinez's fault for revealing that Bo was, in fact, yelling at Taylor because of a locker room phone call (Bo denied)... It's Zac Lee's fault for going on the record saying that he was not injured most of the season, too (perception was that he was injured). And now it's Wilson's fault for telling the truth and making Bo look like a liar/idiot. If only they would shut the front door and let Bo convince us that his fantasy world is the truth! God... They really are so embarrassing.

This is Kevin Wilsons fault. He came out and announced a staff change for a school hes not coaching. What right does he have going public saying hes going to be coaching DBs at NU when its not even public knowledge that our DB coach is leaving.

I agree that Kevin Wilson messed this up for us, and did not need to give out so many details. But the flip side of this is, Bo has to just go with the flow. It's his fault to begin with that Wilson wasn't sufficiently aware of what he couldn't say. If it is such a big deal to keep the cat in the bag, make sure a guy like Wilson knows. And given that Wilson let it out of the bag, Bo has to roll with the punches. There's no need to maintain a company line of "No, nothing's happened." Just say, "Today is about this great class we have, and there will be no comments on anything else." But when the reporters fished, Bo failed to stick to his own rules about the presser and decided to be misleading.

I chalk that up to lack of media savvy rather than anything malicious, but it was damaging. Bo has integrity, but Bo made a misstep today. In his defense, he probably didn't realize to what extent the cat was out of the bag, though reporters filled it in for him eventually.

Our best hope with Cotton is to hope we get a new OC who has some particular experience or focus with the O-line.

Unfortunately, this does not appear to be a priority. Which makes me very skeptical of real, sustained improvement on offense.

I think it's dead but let me say I have no issue with Bo not getting into the coaching thing. My guess a statement is being coordinated especially if we are looking a multiple coaches. It may also not be a 100% done deal so it is best to leave it alone in case something goes wrong at the last second. A ton of details that we don't know so Bo may have been wise to remain silent. What if a background check is being buttoned up at the last 2nd, BO would look very U of Pitt like if something went wrong. He was put right on the spot with Info that was not supposed to be in the public during an event not intended as a time to discuss org changes.

Don't get your feelings confused with the rest of the fan base. You are part of a handful of people that think something bad happened today. There are just as many of us that think you all are being silly.

Someone said, and I think it was you but I may be wrong, that Bo views his relationship with the media and the fan base as contentious. As a fan I don't care at all how Bo treats the media. Those self-important dingleberries don't represent me. If he is mean to them I don't feel anything. Why do you?

On top of that the public is fickle- win and you can get away with a lot. Lose and you get fired no matter what.

When I go to Facebook most all of my Nebraska peeps are talking about the class, not the teleconference.

BTW- did anybody notice we signed a pretty good class today.

Yawn. I'm as dispassionate about this as usual. I have no vested interest in this, I'm simply pointing out what's going on. If you can't see it, don't blame me.

And if your peeps are that out of touch, it's possible you're not that clued in on the tenor of the fan base. But whatever.

Seriously? Can you yawn and type at the same time. You are probably the leading poster in this thread (most threads really). Dispassionate is not how I would describe what you are bringing here but it may be because I am out of touch.

I know you think you are the board sheriff but the way you go after people that don't agree with you is getting poor.

If I can't see it......? I'll tell you what I can see- I see a few people manstrating over the presser. How's that whole being in touch thing workin out for ya? Look's painful from over here. But Whatever.

• Fire 4

macro is 100% right, you and mostly you blew all of this way up. A few people agree with you but alot do not. You Sir are the one that is out of touch. I like how you think that your opinion is always right and when someone disagrees with you they are "out of touch" There is nothing going on.

This is Kevin Wilsons fault. He came out and announced a staff change for a school hes not coaching. What right does he have going public saying hes going to be coaching DBs at NU when its not even public knowledge that our DB coach is leaving. And why and the hell is he talking about it on NSD. Almost like he did it on purpose? Like he was mad that we are taking a coach from them, especially after BO recommended him. I bet you a million bucks Bo gave Kevin and ear full tonight. That was very unprofessional.

Notice when ekler was leaving Bo, when asked if ekler was going to Indiana, refused to comment on it until it became official even thou everyone already knew...it wasnt his potion to say anything on the subject...and it wasnt Wilsons. We should be pissed at him for taking attention away from our great class.

I literally LOLed at this. Are you serious? You're the guy who "blew this up" with THIS THREAD the other day. And now you're telling me that macro is right when he says we shouldn't be talking about the coaching changes, we should be talking about the recruiting class alone?

Get real! :laughpound

um.......that's not what I said. I'd like to know about the coaching changes too but the massive over-reaction by a few (it's like he's blind in a minefield- oh my!)are making an issue out of something I just don't think is as important as THE REASON FOR THE TELECONFERENCE.

Guess what, we'll all know about the coaching changes soon enough. Does it really make that much difference that it didn't happen today or that he was elusive with answers he said he wasn't going to give in the first place.

BTW- pretty good class we signed today.

• Fire 2

This is Kevin Wilsons fault. He came out and announced a staff change for a school hes not coaching. What right does he have going public saying hes going to be coaching DBs at NU when its not even public knowledge that our DB coach is leaving.

I agree that Kevin Wilson messed this up for us, and did not need to give out so many details. But the flip side of this is, Bo has to just go with the flow. It's his fault to begin with that Wilson wasn't sufficiently aware of what he couldn't say. If it is such a big deal to keep the cat in the bag, make sure a guy like Wilson knows. And given that Wilson let it out of the bag, Bo has to roll with the punches. There's no need to maintain a company line of "No, nothing's happened." Just say, "Today is about this great class we have, and there will be no comments on anything else." But when the reporters fished, Bo failed to stick to his own rules about the presser and decided to be misleading.

I chalk that up to lack of media savvy rather than anything malicious, but it was damaging. Bo has integrity, but Bo made a misstep today. In his defense, he probably didn't realize to what extent the cat was out of the bag, though reporters filled it in for him eventually.

I don't think Bo was really in any place to tell KW what he could and could not say, especially after stealing a coach.

• Fire 1