The Bubba Starling Thread

The most intriguing line from this year's Fan Day announcement is this:

Fan Day will run from 2 to 3:30 p.m. inside Memorial Stadium with all Husker players and coaches that will be part of fall camp in attendance and available to the fans.

Bubba's deadline to sign with the Royals is August 15th. What does it mean if he's sitting at the QB table on August 5th? Is it a binding statement that he WILL be part of the team? Will Bo allow him to sit at the table if he hasn't committed to Nebraska fully?

Conversely, if Bubba isn't at the table signing autographs, does that mean anything itself? Does it mean he's not part of the team, or does it mean nothing, only that he hasn't made a decision yet?

When I first read this I figured August 5th would give us some clarity to the Bubba situation. But now I'm not so sure.

Not everyone on the team participates in fall camp. I believe it is somewhere in the neighborhood of 90 players who get to go to fall camp. I don't think freshman typically are invited to fall camp unless they are a phenom and have a legit chance at starting (obviously Bubba would probably fall into this category). This does not mean that they are not part of the team. A guy could hypothetically not participate in fall camp and then start every game during the season. So Bubba could not participate in fan day, not participate in fall camp, and then still end up playing this season.

The most intriguing line from this year's Fan Day announcement is this:

Fan Day will run from 2 to 3:30 p.m. inside Memorial Stadium with all Husker players and coaches that will be part of fall camp in attendance and available to the fans.

Bubba's deadline to sign with the Royals is August 15th. What does it mean if he's sitting at the QB table on August 5th? Is it a binding statement that he WILL be part of the team? Will Bo allow him to sit at the table if he hasn't committed to Nebraska fully?

Conversely, if Bubba isn't at the table signing autographs, does that mean anything itself? Does it mean he's not part of the team, or does it mean nothing, only that he hasn't made a decision yet?

When I first read this I figured August 5th would give us some clarity to the Bubba situation. But now I'm not so sure.

Not everyone on the team participates in fall camp. I believe it is somewhere in the neighborhood of 90 players who get to go to fall camp. I don't think freshman typically are invited to fall camp unless they are a phenom and have a legit chance at starting (obviously Bubba would probably fall into this category). This does not mean that they are not part of the team. A guy could hypothetically not participate in fall camp and then start every game during the season. So Bubba could not participate in fan day, not participate in fall camp, and then still end up playing this season.

Uhhh....

This is 100% not true. The only reason I've ever heard of any guy not taking part in Fall Camp was injury. Every player on the roster takes full part in camp whether they are a fifth-year senior or newly-signed Freshman.

This is 100% not true. The only reason I've ever heard of any guy not taking part in Fall Camp was injury. Every player on the roster takes full part in camp whether they are a fifth-year senior or newly-signed Freshman.

The roster for fall camp is limited (to 105 IIRC) until the fall semester of school starts and then everyone can participate. I believe that the Freshman walk-ons have to wait until school starts, but not the scholarship frosh.

The roster for fall camp is limited (to 105 IIRC) until the fall semester of school starts and then everyone can participate. I believe that the Freshman walk-ons have to wait until school starts, but not the scholarship frosh.

Which is why I said newly-signed. ;)

:yeah

I don't think there's a chance in hell that Bubba's going to be playing football this fall. I hate to break it to you, but the two classes that Bubba's enrolled in overlap. His Nutrition course is from 8:45 to 10:20 on East campus, while his English class is from 9:15 to 10:50 on City campus. Unless Bubba can be in two places at once, it appears he's doing the college thing to get more money.

I don't think there's a chance in hell that Bubba's going to be playing football this fall. I hate to break it to you, but the two classes that Bubba's enrolled in overlap. His Nutrition course is from 8:45 to 10:20 on East campus, while his English class is from 9:15 to 10:50 on City campus. Unless Bubba can be in two places at once, it appears he's doing the college thing to get more money.

Stalkerazzi.

But are they both on the same days?

Wow dude.

stalking.jpg