The Bubba Starling Thread

Wrong,the only choice for him is baseball. The money is too much to turn down because a bunch of fans of a football team want you to come here.

His family has financial issues as I understand it. Even at that age family comes first, always should. I just think the choice has been made for a long time. I think we are very gullible to think there is chance he would throw millions away to play for Nebraska, where in one play his football and baseball career are over. Matt Herian comes to mind. Tremendous talent, over in a heart beat. This happens in football, seldom in baseball. If his efforts do not pay off in baseball, he will still have the cash that his family needs and can always come back to play for Nebraska, or at least it would appear.

One in the hand vs two in the bush. Realistic..

I just wonder how the other freshman that see this going on feel about it. I just see things from a Jarhead point of view I guess. No private runs the general around, no matter his supposed potential, normally a officers child is treated far worse than a normal Joe.

I hope for you guys he does what you want, but the chances are 9 million to a dollar he is here tomorrow.

In my eyes the longer this goes on and goes down to the wire, the better chance Nebraska has of keeping Bubba in Lincoln.

Most of these deals get inked in the waning minutes, so this is not necessarily true. Also he may sign at 10:50 and the deal may not be reported until near midnight, it has been done before.

You do realize that athletes "throw away millions" every year right? It's called returning for your senior season. It's a big gamble. I see no difference here. Money is on the table but there is something to be said for enjoying your youth and the college experience playing BOTH of your favorite sports is a big deal.

The money will disappear. So for a person like me this decision wouldn't be a no-brainer and I think the fact that bubba is still unsigned says he feels the same way.

It is hard to walk away from guaranteed for the unknown (the kid may never play a down...although that's highly unlikely)

Also I think the fact that the royals can't win right now to save their lives probably affects his thoughts. Who really wants to throw away years for simply money playing on a team losing. That's why people quit high-paying jobs and take ones they enjoy...

I guess I'm not totally convinced he's going to be happy with the decision he's made..

I believe that no matter which choice he takes, he will be asking himself "what would life been like if he chose the other option".

Glad its almost over too, then we wont have to deal with everyone talking about his unique decision and how this should be easy to resolve, one that very few have to make at such a young age, pro ball and millions or the college experience.

I know right. Can't wait so all we have to focus on is the Injury Thread. :corndance

That's right, and right again...but so depressing! ;)

That normally happens after they have money to do or have an insurance policy that covers them their senior year.

This is totally different I think. If was not going to play baseball he would have started practicing and moved forward. It is about the money, nothing more.

I have no problem with him doing it. But I think all are thinking he may just be here tomorrow, and again the chances are 9 million to one. Place your bets.

That normally happens after they have money to do or have an insurance policy that covers them their senior year.

This is totally different I think. If was not going to play baseball he would have started practicing and moved forward. It is about the money, nothing more.

I have no problem with him doing it. But I think all are thinking he may just be here tomorrow, and again the chances are 9 million to one. Place your bets.

Those are still better odds than the Big 12 staying intact.

Guys, he's not coming, period. He didn't even pass one of his classes. Personally, I think he never truly considered going to college, but since Bo and company support him I'll do the same. Go big red!

What's your source? Or are you his unethical professor?

Just got on Bodog to try to find those odds, figured 10 bucks on him being post-10049-093192600 1313458241.png would give me a pretty good return on my investment. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything...

*fixed*

Also I think the fact that the royals can't win right now to save their lives probably affects his thoughts. Who really wants to throw away years for simply money playing on a team losing. That's why people quit high-paying jobs and take ones they enjoy...

No offense, but this is the most ridiculous comment I've ever read. If he loves the game of baseball as I assume he does, he won't care if he's on a winning team, losing team, AA, AAA or the majors. He gets to do something he loves for a living and gets paid to do it. In every sport, the worst teams get the first picks, but EVERY player I've seen have a huge smile on their face when they are drafted. Ask Suh how he felt getting drafted by a crappy team, he will probably give you a different answer than what you just said.