Tressels Resignation - Good for Nebraska?

Knapplc - I agree with you on the USC precedent. However I think it should be stiffer to start with just on the eligibility issue. At least Pete Carrol said he didn't know what was going on and stuck with it. Tressel knowingly let players play when he knew they were ineligible. For all the people that say he was protecting his players. If this was the 5 string W.R. or a Red shirt LB Tressel would have marched him in the AD's office and had his kicked off the team. He wanted to win and was accustom to breaking the rules. They are now saying that the the player had been doing this stuff since 2002.

Totally agree. And it's a sad thing, and very bad for our new conference.

The news just keeps getting better and better with Pryor. This guy is a peach!

Now, NBC4 has learned that Pryor's driver's license was suspended less than two weeks ago, and he is still driving.

According to a report released by the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles, Pryor is driving on a suspended license.

Video taken by NBC4 Monday night shows Pryor driving as he left the Ohio State University's Woody Hayes Athletic Center.

NBC4 crews also saw him driving Tuesday.

Documents from the BMV indicated Pryor's license was suspended for no proof of insurance and is in effect through mid-August.

NBC4 was unable to determine through Franklin County Municipal Court if Pryor has been granted any driving privileges and the Ohio BMV said it has no indication that he has driving privileges.

He was stopped earlier this year for running a stop sign, last year for traveling 94 mph in a 65 mph zone and two years ago, for traveling 99 mph in a 65 mph zone.

LINK

Now, NBC4 has learned that Pryor's driver's license was suspended less than two weeks ago, and he is still driving.

According to a report released by the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles, Pryor is driving on a suspended license.

Video taken by NBC4 Monday night shows Pryor driving as he left the Ohio State University's Woody Hayes Athletic Center.

Documents from the BMV indicated Pryor's license was suspended for no proof of insurance and is in effect through mid-August.

NBC4 was unable to determine through Franklin County Municipal Court if Pryor has been granted any driving privileges and the Ohio BMV said it has no indication that he has driving privileges.

He was stopped earlier this year for running a stop sign, last year for traveling 94 mph in a 65 mph zone and two years ago, for traveling 99 mph in a 65 mph zone.

LINK

vg65284_never_go_full_retard.jpg

LINK

I didn't think it was possible, but he is now officially dumber than I originally thought.

I think both of you are saying the same thing. Jaw is stating that SI is spewing sh!t without any evidence and that tOSU does have the access to the players to get evidence...That is just how I am reading it.

jaws is saying that OSU can't investigate at the tattoo parlors, therefore they couldn't know what was going on. I'm saying they don't need to investigate at the parlors - the players have all the info they need, and the school has greater access to the players than SI or the NCAA.

jaws is providing an excuse by saying that OSU couldn't possibly know what was going on. I'm saying - and the NCAA will back this when they mete out punishment - that the school not only could know, but has no excuse not to know. And evidence shows that they did know, and covered it up.

There is no mitigation for OSU here. They're busted, they're screwed, and the NCAA is going to slap them with LOIC and they'll get USC'd, bet on it.

Knapplc - I agree with you on the USC precedent. However I think it should be stiffer to start with just on the eligibility issue. At least Pete Carrol said he didn't know what was going on and stuck with it. Tressel knowingly let players play when he knew they were ineligible. For all the people that say he was protecting his players. If this was the 5 string W.R. or a Red shirt LB Tressel would have marched him in the AD's office and had his kicked off the team. He wanted to win and was accustom to breaking the rules. They are now saying that the the player had been doing this stuff since 2002.

I agree 100% but let me just add that the NCAA also let players play that they knew were 100% ineligible but they figured it was good to wait till next year ..... perhaps coach Tressell and the NCAA feel the same way about the importance putting a good product on the field, and dealing with the rules later. By the way this is not an excuse for either of the parties. Funny how both USC and now OSU started from sources outside of the NCAA, perhaps the big time programs and the NCAA are complicit in the arrangement. Seems like it takes the media (OSU) or a court document (USC) to break up this arrangement.

I don't think Pryor really cares at this point. Title hopes are pretty much shot and he's obviously never cared about what happens to OSU. You don't drive around eight different cars in three years and expect not to get caught at some point. He'll spend the season with a pro trainer getting money from agents or endorsements and get drafted late 2nd round next year (if he doesn't make win the petition to get in on the supplemental this year).

Pryor is done.

**BREAKING OHIO ST NEWS**Source: Terrelle Pryor had meetings this weekend with 3 agents - He will no longer be eligible for NCAAF 2011

**BREAKING OHIO ST NEWS**Source: Terrelle Pryor will not be sticking around to face a possible suspension - He met with agents this weekend

**BREAKING NEWS**:Source: Terrelle Pryor is looking into entering the NFL supplemental draft (If they have one) or possible CFL 1 year deal

**BREAKING NEWS**2nd Source: Confirms T Pryor did speak to multiple agents including the notorious @Rosenhaussports - He is done @ Ohio ST

Pryor is done.

**BREAKING OHIO ST NEWS**Source: Terrelle Pryor had meetings this weekend with 3 agents - He will no longer be eligible for NCAAF 2011

**BREAKING OHIO ST NEWS**Source: Terrelle Pryor will not be sticking around to face a possible suspension - He met with agents this weekend

**BREAKING NEWS**:Source: Terrelle Pryor is looking into entering the NFL supplemental draft (If they have one) or possible CFL 1 year deal

**BREAKING NEWS**2nd Source: Confirms T Pryor did speak to multiple agents including the notorious @Rosenhaussports - He is done @ Ohio ST

At least he is late to the party (draft) and this will cost him some upfront $$ if he is good in the NFL he will get his many millions but I think his signing bounus took a hit. Of courst the NFL is so combine driven it will take untill next year to see what happens.

Just like the Domers have to deal with the They still can't get it done as Independents trolls, right?

It's hard for me not to respect all the tradition and history you Irish have, though. Nebraska vs. Notre Dame will always be a marquee matchup, and was back in the days of the 4 Horsemen (Need I remind you that the boys in Red are the only team to defeat them? Twice? Probably not.) I was REALLY happy to see your victory over USC last year. Keep doing that.

And you, Michigan. I can smell the shadenfreude wafting out of Ann Arbor and other corners of The Great Lakes State, but you guys aren't out of the woods yet, either. Maybe RichRod didn't leave too big a mess behind, and for your sake, I hope Hoke isn't a snake oil salesman like Callahan was for us. Looking forward to the 11/19 matchup up in your country.

To answer the OP it is probably not good for you to be joining a conference that just got decapitated. The perception of the conference as weak will override your successes. You will have to fend off a slew of They couldn't get it done in the Big12 trolls.

The big 12 is going to be suffering from the old perception problem of the big ten now. It's a two team league now no matter how important T. Boone Pickens want's to pretend he is. It's also a league without a championship game that will be done playing 2 weeks before the SEC, PAC12 and Big Ten.

Those trolls will be there regardless. I can't speak for everyone but let me tell you they really make me miss the old big12 conference and being associated with all those t-shirt Texas fan morons.