Martinez the leader?

From an outsider, T-mart is what a soph and he is taking a fresh under his wing. Could it be T-mart is better at slinging the BS than the ball and the only one buying it is a fresh?

I dont know, just a thought.

That's about as plausible as him being the Dark Lord Of The Sith.

• Fire 1

From an outsider, T-mart is what a soph and he is taking a fresh under his wing. Could it be T-mart is better at slinging the BS than the ball and the only one buying it is a fresh?

I actually take a lot of issue with an interpretation like this.

I really don't think there's any reason to suppose that is the case.

Thank you guys for the info on Frost. I'd have to say it's garbage that he would be disparaged for going out of state with his recruitment decision. I don't understand that. It seems like the kind of thing that would be beneath Nebraska fans.

Probably not considering everything we've heard so far has been that T-Magic is a introvert, extremely shy, and keeps to himself. So I would say that his BS-slinging is pretty sub-par.

Well there you go. Maybe his first year was rough, since he didnt know if he fit in all that well. Now maybe he is making friends and relaxing a bit, which will be nothing but good for his game.

Except that we've heard about Marty's leadership from a well-respected Jr RB, as well as a Sr O Lineman.

Not only did you make a really big leap in logic there, but it was a pretty ridiculous leap. :laughpound

You guys have to tell me what it was about Frost since I'm not old enough to have been aware of any dirt on him at the time.

Was it anger that he was the upperclassman, anointed '96 starter since 1995 over some other guy? Don't get that. Did we have anyone else? Was there ever even a battle?

Was it anger that he came back to Nebraska after committing elsewhere out of high school? Don't get that either.

Was it anger that he left Nebraska in the first place? Don't get that either, also, that would've been prior to '96.

Was it anger over his play being sub-par, due to crazy sky-high expectations at the time? I sort of get that. Not sure if his play was sub-par, but I can understand criticism of a guy's playing. But I don't think that's what it is about.

Why was it that this board would have ripped Frost to shreds?

It was because he had an uncompromising, brash personality. People love it when you're a winner, hate it when you're not.

actually booing him at home. The only other time I can remember Nebraska fans booing their own would have been 2007.

Ask Jammal Lord, Joe Dailey and Courtney Grixby if the home fans ever booed them. Frost wasn’t the last NU playing to be booed by the boobs inside Memorial Stadium.

I wasn't at any games where Jammal Lord or Joe Dailey got booed, and don't remember hearing it on TV, though neither case surprises me. I was around for Grixby, but don't remember him getting booed as much as people just yelling "Grixby!!!!" and facepalming, haha. That was also 2007 if I remember right, and it was commonplace to boo the entire team that year.

You guys have to tell me what it was about Frost since I'm not old enough to have been aware of any dirt on him at the time.

Was it anger that he was the upperclassman, anointed '96 starter since 1995 over some other guy? Don't get that. Did we have anyone else? Was there ever even a battle?

Was it anger that he came back to Nebraska after committing elsewhere out of high school? Don't get that either.

Was it anger that he left Nebraska in the first place? Don't get that either, also, that would've been prior to '96.

Was it anger over his play being sub-par, due to crazy sky-high expectations at the time? I sort of get that. Not sure if his play was sub-par, but I can understand criticism of a guy's playing. But I don't think that's what it is about.

Why was it that this board would have ripped Frost to shreds?

I remember one joke going around that year that they were going to put a dome on Memorial Stadium to keep the "Frost" out. *rim shot*

He wasn't very well liked as I remember it. I was only 13-14 years old that season though.

It was because he had an uncompromising, brash personality. People love it when you're a winner, hate it when you're not.

THIS. This irked many a person off. He had that kind of personality and hadn't done a thing yet on the field. The ASU game obviously didn't help his cause either.

Also, many blamed him for the LP situation. Not knowing the mental headcase that LP was, they saw Frost as the guy that cost LP the season and probably the Heisman.

THIS. This irked many a person off. He had that kind of personality and hadn't done a thing yet on the field. The ASU game obviously didn't help his cause either.

Also, many blamed him for the LP situation. Not knowing the mental headcase that LP was, they saw Frost as the guy that cost LP the season and probably the Heisman.

I was in class with the girl that was beat up also LP was my Spanish partner, weird huh? His Spanish name was Lorenzo and I got stuck with Angel. We had to do a presentation for class where he was my father or I was the father, I can't remember. All I know is that he spoke fluent Spanish and I kept saying things like "Tocar la Guitara" Which I think means, play the guitar. Needless to say I do not teach that subject

Thanks knapp. Did I dismiss it it? Or did I dismiss a trumped up interpretation of it? I thought I had made it clear it was the latter. Pretty sure I've said it reflects well on both players, and that it's cool. In the quoted text, even.

You're welcome, zoogies. Your statement was quite dismissive of something positive about Taylor. Sure, you end it with an attempt to soften the blow, but once again it's clear where your intentions lie.

Yes, me and my nefarious intentions ;) I hope the blow did not hurt too much.

Really though. All I am saying is IMO, this little twitter story is a mostly a cool reflection of Aaron Green, the guy doing the writing, and that's what it should all be about, instead of "Martinez is a leader: proof." There will be plenty of chances for Taylor to prove himself and leave no doubt of it.

Yes, it's true that I'm still a bit skeptical of Taylor after the events of last season and this doesn't affect my opinion too much. I don't think it's unfair treatment, just skepticism.

Muther f'ing A!

Forgive me if I am wrong, but neither Tommie Frazier, nor Scott Frost, nor Eric Crouch were thought of to be the most liked or respected human beings by their team mates, yet I would say that they (along with Tagge and Gill) are thought to be the top 5 of all time great Husker quarterbacks. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Dammit, I think I just had an aneurysm.

"It doesn't matter if a quarterback is respected or not by his teammates" is a perfectly valid, albeit totally separate argument. I'll just disagree with that and point to the recent example of Sam Keller vs Joe Ganz. One guy was as physically gifted as maybe we've ever had in that system, with plenty of talent. The other, some short, skinny kid that had no business putting up some of the best numbers in the nation in 2008.