Big Ten primer for Big Red

I agree, I found it kinda funny also, but then again I'm a Husker fan but i'm not from Nebraska so I can definitely see how others might be pissed about it.

You didn't see it as a terribly transparent ploy to increase readership on his column? He laid it on pretty thick, don't you think?

I laughed at the article. To me it seemed like he was going for satire considering he was bashing on every team in the conference. I could be wrong.

Meh. After reading 20 dozen articles as thinly-veiled as this from alums of other conference foes, I guess I fail to see the humor in it anymore. I just want to pry these journalistic idiots from the bottom of my shoe and move on.

Personally, I would like to thank him for complimenting and humoring us. How? Well since you asked, I will tell.

1. As mentioned, he is a Buff fan. Instead of embracing going to the PAC12 like the Huskers are of the Big10, he is jealous that his school is in a lesser conference.Also since the mentioning of both schools going to new conferences, noone heard anything about CUs move (especially on July 1st 2001).

2. Talking about jealousy, he has to dig stuff up about our conference just to try to make a point. I am sorry, other then Oregon and USC, who is in their conference and how many of them were in the top 25 last year? 2?

3. Ohio? Really, you brought that up? What about USC or has that slipped your mind?

4. OU and NU rivals? Guess he was asleep when the Big12 established. CU was suppose to be our rivals, but I believe he just confirmed it what we, as Huskers, really thought. They were our mutts, red-headed step children if you will. Yes, Iowa will be our Thanksgiving desert, which I am sure they will bring us more spice then CU ever have.

I can list more, but don't believe I need to. Just want to say thanks once again.

• Fire 1

its seems that after Bo had a "talking to" with martinez and the fanbase being upset with the XII-2, the media and other fan bases want to create a wound and then dig into it and pour salt on it. THe idea to them that "the greatest fans in college football pass through theses gates" is getting under their skin or something? It seems that they want to find any reason they can to try and relinquish this title. when in all reality they are the ones who brought this title to us. i dont think that anyone here asked for it... but we did take it and run with it. I think other fan bases and media members are 1. bored and second they want to find or create bad news anywhere they can. Since (knock on wood) we dont have any major violations the media or "Rick" has to try to find something like this to write about. I agree with you knapplc i dont see the humor in it either.

Hi, my name is Rick Reilly. I'm going to write a completely unnecessary article about Nebraska where I spew nonsense and rub salt in any wound I can create or imagine out of spite for all the times you demolished my alma mater. Please click on my column so I get a ton of hits, and then send me tons of hate mail so I can write another column about how you're not classy anymore.

Sincerely,

Rick

Thanks for the heads up ;)

No clicky here.

I thought it was good, and that people here are taking themselves a bit too seriously.

Seriously. And to whoever asked "who the f*** is Rick Reilly?", he's a ten-time National Sportswriters and Sportscaster writer of the year. He doesn't write stuff for hits. And he also does those awesome montages after every golf major. He's no scrub. Sorry he badmouthed us a little bit.

• Fire 1

I thought it was good, and that people here are taking themselves a bit too seriously.

Seriously. And to whoever asked "who the f*** is Rick Reilly?", he's a ten-time National Sportswriters and Sportscaster writer of the year. He doesn't write stuff for hits. And he also does those awesome montages after every golf major. He's no scrub. Sorry he badmouthed us a little bit.

Whooptie-freakin' doo. That ten-time national sportswriter of the year doesn't mean he can't write a piece of trash. Nor do those ten writer of the year awards pay for his mortgage. You know what does? Clicks on his stories.

Journalism is a business. Reilly is a businessman. He's doing what he has to to put food on the table. Don't get starstruck by some awards. Discern what he's writing, not who's writing it.

• Fire 1

Whooptie-freakin' doo. That ten-time national sportswriter of the year doesn't mean he can't write a piece of trash. Nor do those ten writer of the year awards pay for his mortgage. You know what does? Clicks on his stories.

Journalism is a business. Reilly is a businessman. He's doing what he has to to put food on the table. Don't get starstruck by some awards. Discern what he's writing, not who's writing it.

Right, it's business, so why take it personally?

I laughed at it.

Right, it's business, so why take it personally?

I laughed at it.

No kidding. Get over it. I thought it was funny and I have no idea who the hell Rick Reilly is. If you don't think so, then cool, but don't act all butt hurt when somebody disagrees with you.

• Fire 1

I thought it was well done and funny. Some people get defensive way too quick. He managed to perfectly stereotype every team in the Big Ten with some good natured jabs but not in a mean way.