***Rumor*** Looking for info

Bo personally told every husker reporter to report nothing about Taylor's elbow because he didn't want all the attention on Taylor during the big10 media days.

Right. And the OWH is so well known for playing ball with Bo's every wish. :rolleyes:

It's times like these when I start thinking how nice it would be to start handing out 30-day bans for people who post and perpetuate false rumors.

And what if it turned out to be true? I specifically said I was pretty sure it wasn't true, but so many people here have much better connections than I do. I meant no harm in posting this, posed it as something I was hoping for someone to tell me otherwise, and said we could close it down immediately. In no way was I trying to start a witch hunt. I've asked for the thread to be closed. What else could I have done outside of not posting?...which I understand now should have been my option. Sorry knapplc. I felt I was pretty straight forward.

For every rumor that we've had that's turned out to be even partially true we've had a dozen that were little more than someone crying "wolf!" It gets to a point where you have to determine whether these threads entertain the members or annoy them enough that they go elsewhere. We've lost members for being both too permissive and too restrictive of rumors, among other things. Our job is to balance those two ends. We've tried dedicated forums, we've tried locking/removing threads like this until proven true, we've tried all kinds of things.

You're a guy who has posted, what? Five times this year? Folks don't know if you're on the level or if you're poking the anthill with a stick. You say you wanted information, so instead of asking, "Has anyone heard anything about Martinez lately," you come out with "Martinez broke his elbow." If you're just looking for information, it seems odd to post a rumor about the worst-case scenario.

In all seriousness, it is similar to how Obama waited to release the info about Osama bin laden until everything was taken car of.

HAHAHA :rollin:rollin:worship:worship:corndance:corndancechuckleshufflechuckleshuffle

For a minute I thought you were being serious with all your posts... but there is no way anyone capable of using a computer on their own would be dumb enough to say something like this seriously. You had me going for awhile... Seriously, when I read the this comment I laughed out loud, hard. What a magoosh (sp?). HA Hell, I'm giving you a plus one for stupidity!

Bo personally told every husker reporter to report nothing about Taylor's elbow because he didn't want all the attention on Taylor during the big10 media days.

Right. And the OWH is so well known for playing ball with Bo's every wish. :rolleyes:

It's times like these when I start thinking how nice it would be to start handing out 30-day bans for people who post and perpetuate false rumors.

And what if it turned out to be true? I specifically said I was pretty sure it wasn't true, but so many people here have much better connections than I do. I meant no harm in posting this, posed it as something I was hoping for someone to tell me otherwise, and said we could close it down immediately. In no way was I trying to start a witch hunt. I've asked for the thread to be closed. What else could I have done outside of not posting?...which I understand now should have been my option. Sorry knapplc. I felt I was pretty straight forward.

For every rumor that we've had that's turned out to be even partially true we've had a dozen that were little more than someone crying "wolf!" It gets to a point where you have to determine whether these threads entertain the members or annoy them enough that they go elsewhere. We've lost members for being both too permissive and too restrictive of rumors, among other things. Our job is to balance those two ends. We've tried dedicated forums, we've tried locking/removing threads like this until proven true, we've tried all kinds of things.

You're a guy who has posted, what? Five times this year? Folks don't know if you're on the level or if you're poking the anthill with a stick. You say you wanted information, so instead of asking, "Has anyone heard anything about Martinez lately," you come out with "Martinez broke his elbow." If you're just looking for information, it seems odd to post a rumor about the worst-case scenario.

I completely understand where you're coming from when it comes to possibly wording it differently. I've said numerous times we can close this thread down. I was never attempting to poke an ant hill, and I rarely post unless I have something to say that someone else has not. This kid seemed to know what he was talking about. I could have worded it differently, but I chose to word it in the way it was presented to me. Again, I apologize. I was looking for information and chose to present it all to you the same way it was presented to me. I said outright it was a rumor and I had no intention of fooling anyone believing it was truth. They don't have to click on the thread titled ***rumor*** if they don't want to. I also understand what you're saying about the old rumor-mill section, and about policing this one. Actually I looked for a better place to put the thread before posting it. Again, if you think it's out of place, take it off. I won't be offended. Clearly I have stepped on toes. It was never my intention. I just wanted someone to tell me it was BS so I could take it back to the ill-informed golf shop employee when I go back tomorrow. I read the board multiple times a week, and I have been here for years. I love the board, and respect your thoughts.

some of you guys are gonna feel pretty stupid before long.

he didnt break it but as a previous poster said, he did sprain it and it is in a sling and it is his non throwing arm.

not straight from the source but from a player on the team.

Ok so what is his timeline to get practicing? Will he miss any Fall Camp or Games?

he wasnt sure on a timetable but said maybe some camp but not likely any games.

The correct answer is "He's 100%. He's fine. He'll be ready to go Saturday."

Make your own deductions.

pretty sure i have been right on more than a few over the years good sir. i got this info and alot of other info from players on the team that i am either related to or know through relation, among other sources.

just cuz you dont believe it or dont like "rumor" threads does not make them inaccurate or even stupid. it just makes them something to talk about. and you may lose some posters due to "rumors" but obviously you will also gain posters from "rumors" as well.

• Fire 3

pretty sure i have been right on more than a few over the years good sir. i got this info and alot of other info from players on the team that i am either related to or know through relation, among other sources.

just cuz you dont believe it or dont like "rumor" threads does not make them inaccurate or even stupid. it just makes them something to talk about. and you may lose some posters due to "rumors" but obviously you will also gain posters from "rumors" as well.

:bigredn:

some of you guys are gonna feel pretty stupid before long.

he didnt break it but as a previous poster said, he did sprain it and it is in a sling and it is his non throwing arm.

not straight from the source but from a player on the team.

Ok so what is his timeline to get practicing? Will he miss any Fall Camp or Games?

he wasnt sure on a timetable but said maybe some camp but not likely any games.

I appreciate the update, seems plausible but I will withhold judgement for a bit