Shatel: Two Bo's

That article reminded me of the ridiculous no-call on the guy grabbing at Ben Cotton's crotch. What a travesty of officiating. :facepalm:

Same crew.

That is the most unforgivable "no call followed by a stupid call" -- because it was so damned obvious. May A.J. Klein get his effing head ripped off after being kneed a few times.

That article reminded me of the ridiculous no-call on the guy grabbing at Ben Cotton's crotch. What a travesty of officiating. :facepalm:

Same crew.

That is the most unforgivable "no call followed by a stupid call" -- because it was so damned obvious. May A.J. Klein get his effing head ripped off after being kneed a few times.

Maybe someone should direct biggie to this thread so he can see why we aren't that sad to not play ISU anymore.

If I'm an AD in the Big XII whose last name isn't Dodds, my takeaway from this article is that I'm going to have a busy week looking for a new home for my program. Anytime conference officials conspire to keep a team down, that could very well be your team that is being conspired against.

I've got some bad news for you . . .

Actually that no call at ISU while unforgivable is understandable. I remember thinking how could you miss that! But I watch several different replays from different angles and watched evey official on the field, the two who had the best views iirc were the umpire and the near sideline judge and both were obscured by our players, not to mention Cody Green was screening the official from the pile. So I dont have a problem with us getting the penalty because thats the way things go sometimes it's the human element, but the fact that it was clearly malicious and the office did nothing about it yet penalized Martin for something arguably much less intentional and malicious is just outragious

How did Tom Shatel get consent to post this from Pelini?! This, to me, seems like one of those off the record conversations that coaches sometimes have with journalists.

Shatel isn't a hack. If he was off the record, he wouldn't have written it. I'm sure Pelini knew that he was on the record too, especially if Shatel had a notepad out or something. My guess is Pelini doesn't have too many conversations with journalists that are off the record... could be wrong though.

Yeah...Shitell isn't a hack. Shouldn't he have at least considered asking this question right after the game or at least in the week following it? I guess he found it more important to try tear down Bo and UNL. Hell even in this so called favorable column he alluded to the fact that Bo ruined fan day. Wouldn't that comment be better clarified with a statement that the players asked for it to be moved? He alluded to the Big Red Breakfast coming to an end and associated it with Bo like it was his decision when really its TO and Paul Meyers trying to stream line all the booster functions into something more manageable for all coaches in all sports.

I always wondered how a coach could be up till 11 or 12 then turn around and leave for Omaha at 5 am to eat breakfast with a bunch of blow hearts who want to feel important when that coach should be getting ready for a football game. That was 3 or 4 hours wasted during a very important time of game preparations. I've attended several BRB over the years. They're over rated and a waste of time for most coaches. It was important to have something like that before their was such a concentration of reporting on the team, but with the internet, message boards, and a slue of reporters from the Pinnacle Sports Network getting out information 24/7, there isn't the need for this kind of an event like there once was.

Interesting take on the BRB getting canceled. It seems contrary to what those close to boosters are insinuating. Was Dean Kratz happy with this?

My guess would be no. He's usually critical of something going on.

And he's probably waiting for Harvey to tell him if he's happy with it or not.

Your PM from the winter makes a lot more sense now.

I ripped Pelini rather than the officials. I thought that he brought the chaos on himself. But I had heard plenty of stories since.

Wondering what stories and where they came from? chuckleshuffle

Personally, I think Bo should come out and tell the whole sports world exactly what was said to him that night. It was his name that was dragged through the mud as a result and everybody that has a sports coloumn claimed things like "Bo being Bo," or "Bo is a loose cannon." Some of our own were even calling for Bo's head. It would shed a whole hell of a lot of light on the subject if Bo ever came forward. It would also unite our fanbase completely.

I can't say that if I were Bo and a referee told me that he wasn't going to let my football team win the game that I wouldn't have reacted the exact same way he did. I will even go as far to say after this article that I have zero problem with anything Bo did that night now and it makes me even more proud to say that he is our football coach and will be for a long time.

The officials were spotted at yell practice the night before the game, not the standard operating procedure for officials.

Just curious if you have any proof of this? It's very interesting that this is all coming out now, I wonder if there will be an investigation into this allegation? Honestly, I don't know why Bo would lie about this, but those are pretty big things that I wouldn't put past some people. Think about it - would you help the person/representative of a team who could've caused you to lose your job (i.e. Nebraska nearly "causing" the BigXII to fold, thus all those officials have to look elsewhere for jobs... I think the motive is there... didn't wanna believe in a conspiracy but this is pretty telling...

The officials were spotted at yell practice the night before the game, not the standard operating procedure for officials.

Just curious if you have any proof of this? It's very interesting that this is all coming out now, I wonder if there will be an investigation into this allegation? Honestly, I don't know why Bo would lie about this, but those are pretty big things that I wouldn't put past some people. Think about it - would you help the person/representative of a team who could've caused you to lose your job (i.e. Nebraska nearly "causing" the BigXII to fold, thus all those officials have to look elsewhere for jobs... I think the motive is there... didn't wanna believe in a conspiracy but this is pretty telling...

post-5214-015805100 1312390741.jpg

• Fire 2

This article was the subject of a 10 minute discussion on local radio (WJOX in Birmingham, AL) yesterday. Neither of the hosts had seen the game. One, a local TV sports anchor, said something to the effect of "I don't want to call Pelini a liar, but that can't be true." The other half-way defended Pelini, pointing out the 16-2 margin in penalties given to both teams in the game. There was nothing particularly interesting about the discussion, especially since neither host is particularly familiar with the program or that game in particular. It definitely surprised me when I hopped in the car at lunch and heard this being discussed deep in the heart of Alabama / Auburn territory.

Actually that no call at ISU while unforgivable is understandable. I remember thinking how could you miss that! But I watch several different replays from different angles and watched evey official on the field, the two who had the best views iirc were the umpire and the near sideline judge and both were obscured by our players, not to mention Cody Green was screening the official from the pile. So I dont have a problem with us getting the penalty because thats the way things go sometimes it's the human element, but the fact that it was clearly malicious and the office did nothing about it yet penalized Martin for something arguably much less intentional and malicious is just outragious

i think i was more upset that the Big 12 didn't do something about it...but only because of the whole eric martin thing

Edit2: and just how evil do you have to be to be a grown man, to go get a job as a referee and agree to screw over 18-23 year olds.

Well...they aren't thinking about doing wrong and being evil when they are getting paid under the table to do something that is considered immoral and unfair....I guarantee this garbage happens in college football....