End of game

Ratt Mhule

BEST QUOTE I EVER HEARD ON RUNNING UP THE SCORE:

"THIS IS A DIVISION 1 SPORT WHERE WE RECRUIT KIDS ALL YEAR LONG, AND GIVE THEM FULL RIDE SCHOLARSHIPS. I'M SUPPOSED TO FEEL BAD FOR SCORING A FEW EXTRA POINTS? THIS ISN'T HIGH SCHOOL, WE CHOSE OUR TEAM."

I don't agree if you're up 40 and still have your starters in running the hurry up, but last night we should of ran the ball once or twice more. Either way it's not gonna matter next saturday.

i mentioned this in a different thread, but the team won't learn to finish games unless Bo lets them, and the washington game we somehow turned into a shootout by playing our 2-minutes-remaining-gameplan with 15 left and tonight Bo says no to a touchdown for a 5th string RB. Killer instinct, and we don't have it.

Bingo. This has been a source of our problems, P*** Poor Attitude. You could tell it sent the wrong message to the team last night. Alot of the players were really upset. I hope Jones gets a chance at redemption he deserved that score more than anybody else. Bo should let him rotate in for Burkhead in the next couple of games and let him have his dues.

i really can't believe that our guys were "really upset" that we didn't run up the score.

If we had had more time in the fourth quarter, he would have given Jones the ball. But because we didn't need the score and because we could knee it and get out of there with a pretty good win, Bo took the knee.

Now, if this had been Texas, I'll bet Bo considers running one in there late. But as Wyoming has relatively good people and players who fought hard, Bo took the knee.

Jones is a good kid, I'd like to see him get a td, but in this scenario I think Bo did the right thing. Punching-in an unnecessary score in the last minute is rather douchey.

Exactly. Plus we already covered the spread. So even the betting fans didn't need the points.

Depending on whose book you bet on. I knew some guys betting on a 24.5 point spread. I made a bet one time in my life, I lost $33 and never did it again. I've seen friends win thousands but also have a friend who is in the hole about $15,000 from betting too.

BEST QUOTE I EVER HEARD ON RUNNING UP THE SCORE:

"THIS IS A DIVISION 1 SPORT WHERE WE RECRUIT KIDS ALL YEAR LONG, AND GIVE THEM FULL RIDE SCHOLARSHIPS. I'M SUPPOSED TO FEEL BAD FOR SCORING A FEW EXTRA POINTS? THIS ISN'T HIGH SCHOOL, WE CHOSE OUR TEAM."

I don't agree if you're up 40 and still have your starters in running the hurry up, but last night we should of ran the ball once or twice more. Either way it's not gonna matter next saturday.

Who said this?

If Bo scores that TD he gets accused of running up the score. If he takes a knee, we get this thread.

Either way, he's the bad guy.

Either way he would have gotten a thread.. If we scored there would be a thread just like this instead saying we ran up the score..

I think as long as Bo decides not to throw it, its all good.

I was actually wondering if Bo was going to punch one more in there at the end. I easily could have seen it happen as Bo probably has evil thoughts of the ass kicking Dave Christenson helped administer at Mizzou Bo's first year. I honestly could have seen it happen. And being it was Austin Jones and all of the young linemen out there running the same basic play or two, I would have had no problem with it and I bet Christenson would not have either.

The runing up the score card gets to be a sore point when major contributors are still on the field and the whole playbook is still being used.

• Fire 1

Score as many points as possible. It's the other team's job to stop you. If they can't stop a fifth string RB, that's their problem.

This has always been and always will be my stance on the subject.

If we're supposed to score as many points as possible then we should still have our first-string runningback in.

• Fire 1