Jared Crick's condition

He's fine. He's just not as good as everyone thinks he is. We are now realizing just how much he benefited from playing next to Suh.

I'm sick of hearing every broadcast announcer covering our game all over Crick's jock. They're always like, "one of the best DT's in the country" etc, etc. Just heaping praise on him. For what? He hasn't done a damn thing this year. He had one good season (next to one of the greatest DT's to ever play the game) and people think he's good.

If he was as good as advertised, he'd be taking up double teams and allowing the DT next to him to make plays. If he was really good, he would be taking up double teams and still making plays. But he's not good and neither of those scenarios are taking place.

You rarely hear his name called and I usually only notice him when he's whiffing on a sack or tackling the RB that squirted past him because he got blown off the ball.

Jared Crick's Sophomore Year

73 tackles

15 tackles for loss

9.5 sacks

Jared Crick's Junior Year (WITHOUT Suh)

70 tackles

17 tackles for loss

9.5 sacks

Ndamukong Suh's Sophomore Year

34 tackles

6 tackles for loss

1 sack

Ndamukong Suh's Junior Year (Compare it to Crick's junior year, yeah?)

76 tackles

19 tackles for loss

7.5 sacks

What was that you were saying?

Are you trying to say he is playing Suh-like football right now?

He won't even be all conference let alone all-american.

If we torture the stats long enough they will tell us anything we want.

This.

Who cares about the stats. Do you notice Crick at all when you watch games? He's irrelevant. He's supposed to be a leader on the d-line this year and he's playing like garbage. Let me ask why you conveniently neglected to put his stats from this year up? Because they're horrible? You ignore the stats that counter your point and use the ones that serve your interest. That's great logic.

2011 (yes he missed one game due to concussion but that doesn't really skew the stats)

Total tackles: 19

Solo tackles: 6

Assisted tackles: 13

Sacks: 1

Tackles for loss: 2.5

As was stated previously, those aren't all-conference stats let alone all-american stats. I'm holding him to a high standard because according to people like you, he should be.

I don't have a dog in this fight, other than to counter your "he had one good year" statement. He had a great year his sophomore year, put up nearly identical numbers and anchored our line his junior year, and started this season off good but not great, and who knows where he's at physically/mentally right now?

I'm not a coach, nor a football guru, so I don't have a definitive statement on how good Jared Crick is doing. For all I know he's doing exactly what the coaches are teaching him to (and another wrong statement by you - he occupies double teams constantly), or maybe he isn't doing anything at all and should be on the bench.

There were whispers of another injury unrelated to his head. Don't know if that's true or not, but Jared has certainly been the biggest WTF? player on the defense for me. He's had flashes of disruptive greatness but none of that elite DT play-to-play kind. I don't just don't know. Someone who does know should enlighten us. I'd be damn interested.

Even when he shows flashes all he does is fall down at their feet like he is diving for the stop..Thats about the only thing I have seen him do this year.

He definitely didn't look right getting up after his helmet was knocked off.  He didn't look like he was all there or something.  Hopefully he's okay.

That's how I feel. He could play better or he's the second coming of Wistrom blah blah blah. After what I'm hearing about the hit he took against Washington (didn't see it), I'm concerned about his health. What he does on the field is secondary.

He's fine. He's just not as good as everyone thinks he is. We are now realizing just how much he benefited from playing next to Suh.

I'm sick of hearing every broadcast announcer covering our game all over Crick's jock. They're always like, "one of the best DT's in the country" etc, etc. Just heaping praise on him. For what? He hasn't done a damn thing this year. He had one good season (next to one of the greatest DT's to ever play the game) and people think he's good.

If he was as good as advertised, he'd be taking up double teams and allowing the DT next to him to make plays. If he was really good, he would be taking up double teams and still making plays. But he's not good and neither of those scenarios are taking place.

You rarely hear his name called and I usually only notice him when he's whiffing on a sack or tackling the RB that squirted past him because he got blown off the ball.

Jared Crick's Sophomore Year

73 tackles

15 tackles for loss

9.5 sacks

Jared Crick's Junior Year (WITHOUT Suh)

70 tackles

17 tackles for loss

9.5 sacks

Ndamukong Suh's Sophomore Year

34 tackles

6 tackles for loss

1 sack

Ndamukong Suh's Junior Year (Compare it to Crick's junior year, yeah?)

76 tackles

19 tackles for loss

7.5 sacks

What was that you were saying?

Thank you for saving me the trouble I was about to pull the numbers. Suh graduated 2 years ago not 1.

To be fair, Crick has been getting double-teamed all the time, not to mention he gets held on almost every play.

The reason why those double-teams aren't getting noticed is because David seems to be getting a lot more tackles than the rest of our D line, whereas when Suh was commanding the double teams Crick was getting the tackles.

I'm not going to say Crick has lived up to his lofty expectations, but I really don't think we have a better option on the D line. Steinkuhler has underachieved at least as much as Crick has, if not more.

To be fair, Crick has been getting double-teamed all the time, not to mention he gets held on almost every play.

The reason why those double-teams aren't getting noticed is because David seems to be getting a lot more tackles than the rest of our D line, whereas when Suh was commanding the double teams Crick was getting the tackles.

I'm not going to say Crick has lived up to his lofty expectations, but I really don't think we have a better option on the D line. Steinkuhler has underachieved at least as much as Crick has, if not more.

And the point that people tend to forget is that this is the way our defense is supposed to work. Suh was never meant to perform the way he did, he just happened to be a demi-god who stole someone's supernatural powers ala Space Jam. David, Dillard and Cody Glenn all put up BIG numbers in their time under Bo because our defensive scheme is built around the linebackers getting the tackles.

• Fire 3

Excuse Mr. Crick for not having Prince, Gomes, Hagg, Asante, and Ohanlon to give 6 damn seconds to get to the quarterback.

I know. That's a bit of a stretch. However, Jared is doing his job. He's gobbling up blockers and allowing David and Compton to make tackles.. Just cuz Taylor was a hero last night doesnt mean it's time to throw Crick under the bus. I say everyone just supports the entire team.

Here's all that kid did: He goes to class, he's respectful to the media, he's respectful to the public and he's a good kid.

And the point that people tend to forget is that this is the way our defense is supposed to work. Suh was never meant to perform the way he did, he just happened to be a demi-god who stole someone's supernatural powers ala Space Jam. David, Dillard and Cody Glenn all put up BIG numbers in their time under Bo because our defensive scheme is built around the linebackers getting the tackles.

I'll throw out the +1 for the Space Jam reference. I'm a man, I can do it.