Point Spread NU -4

armed1

Really, I thought it was going to be more like 4.5-5.5 in the other direction...

Sports betting might not be a good idea for you then................

Actually, sports betting may be perfect for them. If a person really thinks NU should be 4-5 point dogs then this would be the ideal game to bet on MSU. You would be getting an extra 8+/- pt cushion. I haven't bet all year but MSU +4.5 sounds too good to be true. Based on having watched both teams I see nothing that leads me to believe the Huskers will play a complete 4 quarter game or that our D will miraculously "come around" this week. Hey if a guy has to be disappointed in how the game goes, making a little extra cash in the process can't hurt. And if you lose the bet, so what, your Huskers just won a big game.

Really, I thought it was going to be more like 4.5-5.5 in the other direction...

Actually, sports betting may be perfect for them. If a person really thinks NU should be 4-5 point dogs then this would be the ideal game to bet on MSU. You would be getting an extra 8+/- pt cushion. I haven't bet all year but MSU +4.5 sounds too good to be true. Based on having watched both teams I see nothing that leads me to believe the Huskers will play a complete 4 quarter game or that our D will miraculously "come around" this week. Hey if a guy has to be disappointed in how the game goes, making a little extra cash in the process can't hurt. And if you lose the bet, so what, your Huskers just won a big game.

I am just saying as an original thought if that was the spread he thought, it was way off. The idealist ways of someones system are probably way different then mine, some people bet many games a week with parlays, and O/Us and first/second half score ect. Others will bet 4 games and then bet 24 parleys between those four games two just like a four horse trifecta box. I am not one to judge a persons handicapping because I have been wrong before, just saying a normal betting person who watches lines and such, would know Nebraska was going to favored by about 4 points. Remember the lines do not care about score, the objective is to receive even money on each side of the bet. Personally I do not bet college games only keep track of the ones I would, I have seen to many people and friends and still do get caught up in sports betting, peoples gut feeling can lose many dollars. I had this discussion on Sat night with a pal that likes to do this stuff and we both came to the conclusion of about a 4 point favorite, you must put the Wisconsin game aside when thinking about spreads.

The key phrase here is "too good to be true"....Vegas knows it will be extremely difficult for MSU to get up for a game with the Huskers and they set the line accordingly...I think they come into Lincoln flat after 2 huge weekends with Michigan and Wisconsin.

This game has me scared to death, in the past this is a game that State walks into and lays a complete egg. It will be fun to see if my Spartans are different then year's past and compete with the Huskers. I remember in week 3 when state was a 6.5 point dog against Notre Dame and I though this was crazy, so I don't think the line is too far off from what it should be.

Notre Dame is also crazy hyped and overrated almost every year.

No kidding, haven't won a decent bowl since 94...what a joke.

Exactly. I have nothing against Notre Dame. They are one of the storied programs in the nation and a traditional powerhouse, despite shortcomings for the last two decades. They also have a massive fan base. But it gets out of hand every single year.

I'm honestly beginning to wonder if Lou Holtz is hypnotizing everybody that puts ND in the Top 20 every year despite them continuing to fail every - single - year.