Favorite Husker game all time

I am forgoing saying the obvious that many will state and I am gonna have to side with knapp, damn that is scarey to say but on tonight why not.

The 1992 Halloween Massacre of sCUm was great. The year before there was the tie in the Snow Bowl when Byron Bennent had tried to kick a frozen football through a fleet of snow/ice balls for the win. Losses the two years prior to that, there was some frustration with the "Red Letter Rivals".

All of that came out the Halloween night. 52-7 against sCum who was tied for 8th with NU. Koy Detmer crapped his pants every snap. It also ended Colorado's 25 game conference unbeaten streak.

I have to say it was the 2000 Colorado/Nebraska game. First game with my son. 47 sec. left, Crouch nickle and dimes a couple of runs and throws a pass to Bobby Newcombe, They line up and Josh Brown kicks the field goal on the last play 34-32. Some Husker fans had started to leave before Colorado kicked to us and my son was yell at them to stay.

2nd has to the 95 Orange Bowl, greatest 4th quarter ever. Pure N, outstanding defense and a fullback as a hero.

Probably the first one I remember watching (on TV) was the bestest.

1971 at OU.

I was 11..Both my older brothers were home from college for Thanksgiving and the whole family was watching and pretty much exploding every few seconds..Somehow you just knew that the last team with the ball would win..Couldn't breathe anytime Johnny Rodgers or Greg Pruit touched the ball.

'95 Fiesta Bowl..I circled the stadium with my Siberian Husky a few times, but I was way too superstitious to go inside.

(We've lost 7 ir 8 of the last ten games I've attended).

Easy one for me. Up until this season I'd been to eight "big games" in my life. 88 Fiesta Bowl, 90 CU, 91 Washington, 99 Texas (the one we lost), 2007 Big 12 Championship, 2009 Virginia Tech, 2009 Missouri, 2010 Texas... and we had lost ALL OF THEM. It was a well known fact in my house that I am just CURSED when it comes to going to Husker Games against good teams. So this year, at the last minute, two tickets fell into my lap for the Ohio State game. The wife and daughter were out of town and I had my 10 and 11 year old boys. I decided to take them to their first ever Husker game (hoping to parlay the two tickets into three together out front before the game). First, we went to Husker Hounds here in Omaha where I bought them each red and white striped overalls (to go along with mine), Beat Ohio State pins, a cornhead for the 11 year old, Husker sunglasses for the 10 year old (you can't wear a cornhead when you want to show off your spray painted red Mohawk!) and matching Husker shirtts for all three of us.

We got to Lincoln and I was able to sell my two tickets and find a guy who had three together. We get inside and the boys are just in awe of their first Game Day experience at Memorial Stadium. We sat in front of an older couple and the guy told my 10 year old when the people in front of him would stand up to just stand on his seat and he'd hold him up and they could watch the game together so he'd be able to see (totally awesome!).

Then came the game. When Ohio State scored to go up 27-6 I was just crushed, thinking to myself, "The curse lives on."

The boys started trying to lessen the pain by telling me how it was fun to get to come to a game and all that crap that you tell someone when their master plan crumbles in spectacular fashion. What great kids they were. Then, the tide turned and what was once a nightmare soon morphed into the most improbable comeback I've ever seen from a Husker team. By the time we pulled ahead my 11 year old couldn't even speak, he'd lost his voice, and the three of us were just drenched, cold, and couldn't care less! We'd spray painted both of the boys' hair red and the rain had made it run so bad that their faces were covered and they looked like little Husker Ooompa Loompas. When the clock ran out they ran over and hugged me together and the three of us started jumping up and down together in the aisle with my two sons yelling (as best they could at this point), "THE CURSE IS OVER! THE CURSE IS OVER!"

Let's see...

First ever Big 10 game in Memorial Stadium.

My sons' first ever Husker Game.

The biggest comeback in NU football history.

The end of "THE CURSE"!

Perfection!

post-2672-0-65941800-1320141729.jpg

post-2672-0-59821700-1320141739.jpg

• Fire 1

Im only 18, but in person: Nebraska vs Texas 2009 (Big 12 Championship)...The only game I celebrated a win when we lost, plus Ndamukong Suh...are you kidding me? I remember taking my shoe off for Adi's kickoff out of bounds towards the end. But I looked up and saw a Texas fan say put your shoes back on.

Not in person: Nebraska vs Missouri 2009