Iowa State vs OSU

lo country

Bama had their shot against LSU and they lost. This is the biggest problem that I have with the BCS system, if they do play again and LSU loses can you honestly say Bama deserves to be called #1?

Maybe they can share the trophy?

To be honest I'd rather see Houston play than a rematch. At least then we might see one of the teams score a touchdown.

We need playoffs now.

This is why Alabama shouldn't have been in the Top 5 when they lost to LSU.

They lost by 3 in OT to the best team in the country...if all the other teams in the Top 5 are going to have one loss then in my mind you have to still rank them quite highly. My own personal feelings about an all SEC MNC aside I still think LSU and Bama are hands down the best and most complete teams in CFB.

exactly, lost by 3 in OT. does not get any closer than that. so even if it was late in the season, 'bama proved they deserve to be the best of the one-loss teams. i would like to see oregon get a second shot, but i think we would see a similar result to their first game. i say 'bama is the most deserving and it is unfair to lsu, but that is because 'bama is the best one loss team and they beat them; of course they would not want to play them again.

what if lsu loses to arkansas? this could get even crazier.

They lost by 3 in OT to the best team in the country...if all the other teams in the Top 5 are going to have one loss then in my mind you have to still rank them quite highly. My own personal feelings about an all SEC MNC aside I still think LSU and Bama are hands down the best and most complete teams in CFB.

exactly, lost by 3 in OT. does not get any closer than that. so even if it was late in the season, 'bama proved they deserve to be the best of the one-loss teams. i would like to see oregon get a second shot, but i think we would see a similar result to their first game.

I agree on the first part, but not the second. Lamichael James was injured in the first quarter and it was his replacement who fumbled twice in a row to basically hand the game to LSU.

exactly, lost by 3 in OT. does not get any closer than that. so even if it was late in the season, 'bama proved they deserve to be the best of the one-loss teams. i would like to see oregon get a second shot, but i think we would see a similar result to their first game.

I agree on the first part, but not the second. Lamichael James was injured in the first quarter and it was his replacement who fumbled twice in a row to basically hand the game to LSU.

yeah, i agree. plus, oregon seems to have improved and could change their game plan based off the first games matchup. i would not think lsu would do much different.

LSU - Bama would be a horrible MNC. Their game this year was so boring.

It was a great game between two amazing football teams and right now they're both still the best in the country in my mind. People can complain that it was boring or a turd of a game but that's good defense for you and watching both Bama and LSU play the crappy teams its clear that they have the offense to turn it on when they need to which just makes that game even more impressive.

I do agree with some later posts that Oregon looks to be getting better, but that would be a rematch as well.

Throw me in there as another person who was on the edge of their seat during this game. Both these teams play defense at the highest level in the country. I don't think I have talked to one person that hasn't called this game unwatchable. Their eyes glaze over when I tell them how in to it I was. I have to admit I am torn on a rematch, but right now I see no reason to not have one...that could easily change.

This is just one of those years when there are 5 or 6 teams with close skill sets. Alabama and LSU have their best athletes on defense. OSU and Oregon have theirs on offense while Oklahoma has a decent mix. A pretty good offense and a good defense. On any given saturday any of those teams could win. I think OSU was reeling from the tragedy that happened with the plane crash. It had to affect their focus and that feeling of invincibility that a good team needs to have. Iowa State gained confidence the longer they stayed in the game and OSU could feel it slipping away. Given 4 weeks to prepare probably LSU could still shut down any of them so what we have is the makings of a low scoring national championship game.

I didn't want to see Ala play them again, now not so sure. Yeah it was a boring game if you wanted to see a high scoring game, but boring it was not. 31-28 or 9-6 still a nail bitter. I would be OK if Okl could get there, if not than, yeah i would like to see the rematch. That last game came down to who made the most mistakes, not who was the best offense or defense, of the two. If its the N/C game give me a nail bitter every time. Unless its us, playing for all the marbles, ;) . That Northwestern loss sure looks bigger now,

GBR!!!

yeah, i agree. plus, oregon seems to have improved and could change their game plan based off the first games matchup. i would not think lsu would do much different.

Do we really need to watch Oregon play a third big game to an SEC team and lose on a national stage? They won't beat LSU in a second game. Healthy Lamichael James or not...

Anyhow its not like I want to see a rematch, I don't. I wanted to see an Oklahoma matchup and then an OSU one but this is looking like its going to happen and I think Bama is a better and more deserving team than Oregon. Oh well, and if LSU loses we should just pick teams out of a hat.

Now I don't feel so badly about us losing to Northwestern. Okie State did the same thing we did! They underestimated Iowa State with their eyes on the big game against Oklahoma and it cost them. In my opinion, they would've lost to Oklahoma anyway but I think in the future these teams are going to pay attention to each and every game. There are no 'gimme games' anymore no matter what the conference. Wouldn't it be a hoot if Indiana upset MSU today?