The "Nobody" needs to be fired thread....

walksalone

Some heads need to get pulled out of their own asses...

1. Carl - Stop lining up 4 guys and sometimes only 3 guys on the line. What the f*ck is that supposed to accomplish? We're not playing against teams that use the spread. And don't be afraid to blitz somebody every once in a while. Is there that much lack of faith, and/or talent in the secondary?

2. Special Teams - Possibly one of the worst special teams performances I've ever seen. Only way it could have sucked worse, if our own guys scored on us.

3. The Fans - A lot of you guys suck. Firing anybody isn't going to solve anything, not right now. Unless some of you rocket scientist have the Dr Emmett Brown of college football hidden in your garages working on the flux capacitor of offense, this is the best we've got and the best we're going to have.

:rant

• Fire 4

I think most will agree Barney Cotton has got to go.

I read on this board and my employers are huge donors and i have heard mumblings supporting the rumor that Jamrog will be out as assoc. ad of football ops and that Cotton will be moved to that position and that Stai and Garrison will take over full-time off line duties. Ive also heard mumblings of Ganz future involvement as a full-time assistant.

I think most will agree Barney Cotton has got to go.

I read on this board and my employers are huge donors and i have heard mumblings supporting the rumor that Jamrog will be out as assoc. ad of football ops and that Cotton will be moved to that position and that Stai and Garrison will take over full-time off line duties. Ive also heard mumblings of Ganz future involvement as a full-time assistant.

I remember reading that here a few months ago, too. But since nothing official has come out in the last few weeks/months, it's just conjecture at this point as I'm sure you're well aware.

I'm not ready to throw the towel in on Cotton, however I've been more vocal than others in saying he's the one coach I have the closest eye on. The offensive line does not need one full time coach and two assistants making sure it's working OK. And in four years here, the line has never been consistent. At least on the defensive side of the ball, we've had two years of pretty consistent defensive line work. I can't think of one year where our line played consistently throughout the season.

The biggest thing working against us right now is youth and coaching changes, which I believe people are undervaluing. It's tough to play good football when, for one reason or another, we're having to start freshman and sophomores instead of giving them time to develop and mature off the field. In the long run, that experience will pay off, but I think most would agree we would have rather seen Crick and Steinkuhler on the line rather than Rome jumping in and taking snaps. I always prefer to see guys play their junior and senior years for the most part, just because it means they've had time to mentally prepare behind a tenured guy.

Cause: Bo moves over to help w/ offense - Carl leaves the DL to play a bigger role as d-cord, JP takes over the entire DL plus recruiting coordinator.

Effect: The entire defense regresses, the DL coaching regresses, the special teams regresses, recruiting is suspect and certainly up for debate.

IMO, Carl should go back to DT, JP to DE/Special Teams - Bo back to defense. (if it ain't broke, don't fix it) Face it, Bo isn't an offensive guru - and him being over there is probably 50% efficient. Get your A$$ back to the D Bo.

• Fire 1

To all those calling for Bo’s head: Have you forgotten how painful it is to go through a coaching search? We just went through this twice in the last decade. Sure we have plenty of room for improvement—in several areas. But things aren’t so bad that we need to nuke the whole program again. We’d be starting over from ground zero rebuilding the program and trying to recruit players to fit a new coaching philosophy. I really don’t want to go through *that* again.

I don't want anybody fired. I would like someone to explain to me why the D-Line is a full yard off the ball. It seems we're getting pushed back anyway, if we started by having the d-line crowd the line, at least we would be a yard closer to the runner to make a tackle.

I noticed that too. The only thing I could think of was the noise in the Big House. The extra space may have been an effort to avoid off-sides penalties? Or perhaps some other reason?