The "Nobody" needs to be fired thread....

walksalone

Most coaches would not come here if we fired Bo. Urban made that exact same comment when we fired Frank. Bo in the eyes of college football has been successful. Not so much in our eyes. But there are media reports of a poor job being done. I know it is bleacher bull, but it is starting.

Bo is here because a major booster wanted him here. The last I heard he still does. He paid the pay off for Clownahan to have him gone and demanded we hired Bo. Believe it or not.

Bo is a good coach, in over his head, nothing more. His number one problems is his temper and his ability to control it. Most teams are mirror images of their coach, IE out of control. We see it a lot during a game. Stupid pentalties, late hits on and on.

Hiring a head coach at major univertisy that had never been a head coach anywhere was going to be a problem. That is the reason Tom stays on. He is just needed more hands on I think.

Youth is the problem, but it is not just the players. Indecsion is another problem. We have to establish a offensive mind set. Kids having their red shirts wasted is not good. It does affect recruiting and we need all we can get. As a fan base we have no idea of what to expect from our offense week to week. Hard to recurit kids to a program when they do not know if we are a running team, a passing team or option or spread. They want to know what is going to be expected of them coming in, and trust it will remain the same.

Talk of changing coaches kills recruiting. We need to stop it now.

Thank you! I totally agree!

I could see Peterson coming here. His days of dominating a suspect league with lesser players are over. He probably doesn't even know which league he'll be coaching come 2012. And probably a new one in 2013. Nebraska offers Peterson stability.

I can't. He's already turned down Arizona and Stanford. He's staying at Boise State because of his son's battles with cancer. I believe Boise State has one of the best treatment facilities for his son's particular diagnosis.

He's in indebted to Boise forever and I doubt he'll ever leave.

"I've never been a big one for moving and uprooting your family," Petersen said.

We have an amazing child cancer center here.

I am also one of those who never liked the hiring of Cotton for O-line or any position for that matter! I have also said from day one that it's a big mistake to have him coaching the O-line! For whatever reason, year in and year out his O-lines have performed undisciplined (penatlies), inconsistent and without proper pre-game preparation (mainly mentally) to get a wins that are dominant. The wins we do get aren't pretty, even against lesser quality opponents!

Peterson won't come here when he could probably go to UCLA after Skippy is canned and as far as I'm concerned, it would be a smarter move because he would get lots of time to heal the program. If they have let Skippy have this much time, I'm sure they will let Peterson.

I wouldn't want Paul Johnson because I don't care for the triple option, if it can't win the ACC, it will not win in the B1G.

Golden would take Penn State before he comes here.

and play second fiddle to USC? I can certainly see him going there but I (even w/ the red glasses off) think Nebraska is in a much better situation for a coaching prospect than UCLA. It's not like Mangino left KU. There is potential here. He wouldn't be starting over w/ a new QB. Which is also why Johnson would be intrigued IMO. G-Tech can't pull in recruits like Nebraska would be able to. Johnson would have a better oportunity for it to work in the Big10. Likewise it would be such a drastic difference than each team see's every week it would give us an advantage. I think that's why you see some of these Big10 teams lose a couple times every year, even when they are highly ranked...they're all essentially the same.

I don't see any of these coaching here either. But I dont' think it's too far fetched to think they'd be interested...or at least entertain the thought.

No. I don't want to entertain the thought. This 'fire the coach' or 'replace the coach' thread only happens when we lose. You never hear about it when we win. Changing coaches like we change our underwear is poor. It smacks of 'insecurity' in the ranks. I like Bo and I think he's going to be fine. He just needs the chance to grow as a coach and as an individual. Our boys are young but they have talent. All of the coaches that were listed were contacted when we were looking for a new coach the last time and yes we had heard about them already. None of them answered the call. I don't know if you remember but the fans were crying for Bo to come here before Callahan came here. Peterson didn't want him and look what we got. I shudder to think what we would get should Bo decide to leave. He's a popular commodity in the B1G. His name has already been mentioned in the same breath as Urban Meyer's and Bob Stoops to take over at Ohio State. If you want a different coach so badly then root for another team. Most folks here want Bo to stay put.

Everything you mentioned was spot on...Its nice to hear a voice of reason and rational thinking

Umm, hate to burst your bubble, but Michigan ran the spread, ALL FRICKEN DAY.

It was meant B1G wide, just not necessarily yesterdays game. To less then chances of stroke, i'll point that out next time.

And he's not using just 3 on the line. He's standing up a DE, usually Martin, as a "spinner", you know, the same scheme he used a couple times last that people like you were calling him a genius for.

I've been calling him a genius? What ever you are on, you shouldn't mix it with alcohol, because it's having adverse affects on what your perception of reality is.

I'm not sure if there has been any point this year, where I've been satisfied with the D line play calling. Why in the hell are we rarely ever blitzing anyone?

Next time before you get up on your high horse, make sure you don't stick your dick in the stirrup....

FIRE LIL RED

Or promote him to head coach? Lots of benefits; wouldn't have to hide his mouth when talking to throw off the lip readers, a sure distraction for opposing coaches and players, and when we lose we could just throw up our arms and ask the rhetorical question; have you seen our headcoach?

No. I don't want to entertain the thought. This 'fire the coach' or 'replace the coach' thread only happens when we lose. You never hear about it when we win. Changing coaches like we change our underwear is poor. It smacks of 'insecurity' in the ranks. I like Bo and I think he's going to be fine. He just needs the chance to grow as a coach and as an individual. Our boys are young but they have talent. All of the coaches that were listed were contacted when we were looking for a new coach the last time and yes we had heard about them already. None of them answered the call. I don't know if you remember but the fans were crying for Bo to come here before Callahan came here. Peterson didn't want him and look what we got. I shudder to think what we would get should Bo decide to leave. He's a popular commodity in the B1G. His name has already been mentioned in the same breath as Urban Meyer's and Bob Stoops to take over at Ohio State. If you want a different coach so badly then root for another team. Most folks here want Bo to stay put.

Dumb_sign.jpg

...and please tell me you change your underwear more than once every 4 years. I also like how you pulled out the "go root for another team" thing when someone questions Bo's status as HC. That's like saying we can't judge the defensive performance unless we played D1 ball. Doesn't work that way.

Ultimately everything you said is the same thing we've been saying for years. "Bo has potential to be great" - "Bo is growing as a HC" - "Bo is learning to manage his temper" - "You can't name a better coach so we're sticking with Bo" - "Last time we changed coaches we got Callahan and that ended terriable so let's just be happy with 4 losses a year"

"People who demand neutrality in any situation are usually not neutral but in favor of the status quo."

he's gotta accomplish something soon though. conference championshp, bsc appearance, etc. look at all the programs that are likely to reach 9 wins this year....

viriginia, g-tech, rutgers, w. viginia, southern miss, etc. In any given season there are what - 50 teams that get to 9 wins? 9 wins in 2011 is status quo, it's mediocre, it the bare min. we essentially schedule 6 wins every year. 9 wins means we only managed to pick up 3 more from the other mediocre programs we played. if 9 wins is how we measure success...then everyone that uses that excuse to defend Bo is saying that anything inside of a top 50 ranking is good enough.

Here's something to think about...

2008 - Not Ranked

2009 - #14

2010 - #20

2011 - (could end up not ranked).

If we want to keep company with the Missouri's, K-State's, A&M's, Techs, and other teams that crack the top 25 occcasionally, with a down year here and there...then we're well on that path.

he's gotta accomplish something soon though. conference championshp, bsc appearance, etc. look at all the programs that are likely to reach 9 wins this year....

viriginia, g-tech, rutgers, w. viginia, southern miss, etc. In any given season there are what - 50 teams that get to 9 wins? 9 wins in 2011 is status quo, it's mediocre, it the bare min. we essentially schedule 6 wins every year. 9 wins means we only managed to pick up 3 more from the other mediocre programs we played. if 9 wins is how we measure success...then everyone that uses that excuse to defend Bo is saying that anything inside of a top 50 ranking is good enough.

Here's something to think about...

2008 - Not Ranked

2009 - #14

2010 - #20

2011 - (could end up not ranked).

If we want to keep company with the Missouri's, K-State's, A&M's, Techs, and other teams that crack the top 25 occcasionally, with a down year here and there...then we're well on that path.

You lost me at "9 wins in 2011 is status quo." I would guesstimate that 75% finish with 8 wins or less most years.