Ross Els new ST coordinator

MLB 51

Sounds like Katz is front runner for RC depending on any other coaching changes.

This is somewhat of a surprise. I think Garrison would have been a better fit. He's been with the program longer and probably knows better than Kaz what Bo is looking for. Also he is supposedly extremely organized which is a valuable trait for the RC.

Sounds like Katz is front runner for RC depending on any other coaching changes.

This is somewhat of a surprise. I think Garrison would have been a better fit. He's been with the program longer and probably knows better than Kaz what Bo is looking for. Also he is supposedly extremely organized which is a valuable trait for the RC.

I would imagine that Garrison, and all coaches for that matter, will be heavily involved in deciding who, and how we go after prospects. I like Kaz as the choice, but I was hoping that Papuchis would have kept the title.... JP has gotten us in the doors of some top prospects this year....

I would imagine that Garrison, and all coaches for that matter, will be heavily involved in deciding who, and how we go after prospects. I like Kaz as the choice, but I was hoping that Papuchis would have kept the title.... JP has gotten us in the doors of some top prospects this year....

Both Garrison and Fish are under consideration but I was told its most likely to be Katz. Personally I like Garrison or Cotton.

Els as S.T. Coordinator is logical, I like the move.

Between Kaz and Garrison, I would go with Kaz just based off the fact that he has more experience. Probably has a bigger network of contacts. Also, I think he got a fairly hefty salary so a little more on his plate makes sense. Don't know who is the best evaluater, or who is the most organized or works the hardest which are probably bigger factors....

Both Garrison and Fish are under consideration but I was told its most likely to be Katz. Personally I like Garrison or Cotton.

THIS. ANd I would rather see Garrison(said it when JP was being rumored to DC) over Katz in a heartbeat. Garrison has been very good on the recruiting front, and as mentioned earlier very organized.

I like the move. Special teams were dismal under JP and they need a jump start. Els does have some experience as Special Teams coach under Solich at Ohio. I don't think he can do worse than JP.

Huh?

Maher - 19/22 Field Goals, 54 punts/45 yard average

Henery - Cannot even begin to type all his achievements

Kunalic - Pretty damn good too

I realize there is more to ST than kicking, but these are some of the best players the nation has seen the last few years at the position and you are calling our coaching in this area dismal???

I like the move. Special teams were dismal under JP and they need a jump start. Els does have some experience as Special Teams coach under Solich at Ohio. I don't think he can do worse than JP.

Huh?

I realize there is more to ST than kicking, but these are some of the best players the nation has seen the last few years at the position and you are calling our coaching in this area dismal???

ST includes kickers, but they are only the tip of the iceberg.........most good kickers are born, not made.

Huh?

Most likely referring to the kick coverage aspect of the kick game under JP.

• Fire 1

Huh?

Most likely referring to the kick coverage aspect of the kick game under JP.

I thought our kick coverage has been very good since JP has been in charge. My biggest concern has been our inability to return punts. Seems like we're calling for the fair catch 95% of the time. All around, I don't see how special teams has been dismal by any stretch of the imagination.

• Fire 1

Huh?

ST includes kickers, but they are only the tip of the iceberg.........most good kickers are born, not made.

What??????