Saban last night

Did anyone watching the game last night notice how Pissed off Saban got when they got a penalty. Why is it ok for him to go pissy on his players and tv but not pelini?

Did you see Saban and Miles' interviews going into halftime? Considerate, informative, to the point. LSU at that point had about 40 yards of offense and Miles was able to put together 150 words that didn't include "we'll be fine" -- Compare that with Bo. Bo's sideline demeanor is just one of his many issues when it comes to the public's perception of him. Put it all together and that's why it's an issue for Pelini and not Saban.

Exactly. It mystifies me when Husker fans keep thinking that Saban behavior = Pelini behavior predominantly because of similar sideline outbursts. There's a lot more to it than that. Bo can start changing his image with the public and media by not always looking like he's sitting on a nail. That'd be a start.

It happened several times this year.... where you been Knapp?

Watching the games, not seeing what we're talking about. Does Bo still get upset? Absolutely. He did in the bowl game. But it's been explained how that was very much blown out of proportion by poor reporting. Which game(s) are you talking about? We didn't lose to Wiscy, Michigan or Northwestern because Mount Bosuvius blew up. And if he was going to go Bo-llistic, Northwestern would have been the game to do it.

lol, nice try but he wasnt close to what Pelini does. Saban yelled at a player... happens all the time. Pelini? He losses his damn mind and losses his composure. BIG difference. If you dont see it, thats on you.

You have to be kidding. Pelini's encounter with Martinez during the aTm game was no worse than the Saban vid that was posted.

• Fire 1

I know Saban was just slapping him on the butt, but at 17 seconds on that video, if Bo had done that to Martinez at A&M, people would be calling for Bo's head.

Saban is as slick a PR man as they come. He's as trustworthy as a snake oil salesman. Bo is certainly not perfect, and he has much work to do in public relations, but I'd prefer his no-BS attitude to Saban's superficiality.

Don't kid yourself by thinking Saban hasn't had some epic tantrums directed at the refs, too. Also, anyone that thinks Saban wasn't behaving this way before he'd ever even sniffed a conference championship is delusional.

exactly we have a bunch of cry about anything fans that think they are the best fans in the world......come to think of it they are the best at manufacturing crap to cry about!

just because you wouldnt act that way doesnt mean that its wrong, it just means you wouldnt act that way.

I know Saban was just slapping him on the butt, but at 17 seconds on that video, if Bo had done that to Martinez at A&M, people would be calling for Bo's head.

Saban is as slick a PR man as they come. He's as trustworthy as a snake oil salesman. Bo is certainly not perfect, and he has much work to do in public relations, but I'd prefer his no-BS attitude to Saban's superficiality.

That's the reason why I can't figure out how someone would think this is as bad as Pelini at A&M. To me the last 10 seconds of that outburst was Saban trying to fire up his QB...then a slap on the a$$ to end it. I don't see this one as much of a butt chewing personally.

Pelini chewed a$$ for 15 seconds...walked away...then came back because he wasn't done and chewed some more a$$. Saban was getting his guy back in the game.

That's the reason why I can't figure out how someone would think this is as bad as Pelini at A&M. To me the last 10 seconds of that outburst was Saban trying to fire up his QB...then a slap on the a$$ to end it. I don't see this one as much of a butt chewing personally.

Pelini chewed a$$ for 15 seconds...walked away...then came back because he wasn't done and chewed some more a$$. Saban was getting his guy back in the game.

Slap on the ass, then follows him for 10 more feet chewing his ass. But he's "getting him back in the game." They were up 30-3 with 11 minutes left in the game.

If snarling on the sidelines is wrong, it's wrong. A good W/L record shouldn't give a coach a free pass to behave any way he wants. If it's OK to snarl when you're 12-1 and won the mythical national championship, it's OK to snarl when you're 9-4 and finish #24.

In theory? Yes. In reality? No. That's just the way of the world. Things that winners do are often considered strong points, while a loser doing the same thing is often considered a flaw.

Exactly.

Bo wins a NC and "nobody" is going to give a rat's ass with how he deals with the media. The .00001% that still object will be firmly told to STFU.

Results count.

Has college football really gotten this pussified that people make such a big deal about Pelini chewing out some refs, occasionally reaming out a player, and otherwise sporting his voldemort face? Something tells me he is too low key for the likes of a Ditka but we still have people that think it's out of control. When he goes all Woody Hayes on a player or physically attacks a ref I'll change my mind. Until then I think he is as composed and under control as a lot of coaches and in line with the behavior of most def coords. I actually prefer the Bo of 2010 to the immasculated one of 2011. You guys are wusses.

• Fire 3