SIGNED LB Josh Banderas

He isn't even a freshman yet. Just needs to be patient

No, it's obvious it is too complex ifa high school kid doesn't have down after one day. Apparently the defense should be changed more to Peewee level in terms of difficulty

I want us to run the 2-4-5 Paiste scheme. Also known as the 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

Rivals.com Midwest analyst Josh Helmholdt said: "Physically, there were few linebackers who looked better than Banderas down at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl in San Antonio this month. He has the size and the speed college coaches covet at the linebacker position, but we were also impressed with how Banderas threw himself into special teams during the Army Bowl week. He took as much pride in running down on kickoffs as he did calling the defense, and he was one of the top special teams performers on the week. Overall, there are very few weaknesses in Banderas' game."

Just found this paragraph discussing Banderas in the new free article on rivals.

Link to the article: http://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1462881

• Fire 2

@bandothemando: @_willcompton could you work with me on learning this defense?

This is great news. Compton can teach him how to hold hands with another linebacker as a slow, white running back from Penn State lumbers into the endzone.

:bonez

Don't agree. Yes Compton wasn't as fast as we would have liked but he definitely knew the defense and is a great LB at diagnosing plays. So put his diagnosing ability with his in depth understanding of the scheme together in a guy like Bando then you really have something Lavonte like possibly.

• Fire 2

When they had Josh Banderas on BigRedWrapup one night, Blake Lawrence (remember, Blake was a LB under Bo in 08 and 09 before "retiring" due to too many concussions in late 09) flat out asked Josh how he was with the mental part of the game. Just simply told him Bo's schematics are probably going to be more difficult to grasp mentally than most of the classes he will be taking. That's sayin somethin right there.

@bandothemando: @_willcompton could you work with me on learning this defense?

This is great news. Compton can teach him how to hold hands with another linebacker as a slow, white running back from Penn State lumbers into the endzone.

:bonez

Don't agree. Yes Compton wasn't as fast as we would have liked but he definitely knew the defense. . .

So I've heard. :lol:

When they had Josh Banderas on BigRedWrapup one night, Blake Lawrence (remember, Blake was a LB under Bo in 08 and 09 before "retiring" due to too many concussions in late 09) flat out asked Josh how he was with the mental part of the game. Just simply told him Bo's schematics are probably going to be more difficult to grasp mentally than most of the classes he will be taking. That's sayin somethin right there.

Blake is one of my good friends; we went to HS together. He is a VERY bright kid.

Count me in the group that feels that the defense doesn't need to be dumbed down. I think it is fine. Just working with Compton over the Spring could be very beneficial. Just to get a grasp of the basics before spring practices would be great.

Say what you want about Compton and Fisher's on-field performance, but they were fountains of knowledge as far as X's & O's is concerned. I recall Lavonte David crediting both Compton and Fisher for helping him grasp the mental aspect of the scheme. He humbly stated that both of those guys took time off from their own studies to meet with him in the film room after-hours. He felt indebted to them.