Huskers 95 defense vs. Bama's 2011 Defense

mwj98

If you want to know what it takes to have a superior defense, take a look at Bama. Their d-line firing off the ball, not standing high, LB's tackling, not missing tackles. No penalties. I saw both defenses play throughout both seasons. Gotta admit tide was rollin.

Gotta give the nod to bama in this head to head.

We are light years behind the SEC.

If you want to know what it takes to have a superior defense, take a look at Bama. Their d-line firing off the ball, not standing high, LB's tackling, not missing tackles. No penalties. I saw both defenses play throughout both seasons. Gotta admit tide was rollin.

VS. the 95 Huskers?

Not even close. NU by a mile.

VS. the 95 Huskers?

Not even close. NU by a mile.

I don't know, Bama's defense was pretty dirty. They averaged like 8 points a game.

If you're just comparing defenses, then yeah, I'd say 2011 Alabama was better than the 95 Blackshirts.

But if you're comparing teams, 95 Nebraska wins that game by 3-4 TDs. One of the best offenses ever (95 Nebraska) vs. one of the best defenses ever (2011 Bama), and a great, opportunistic defense (95 Nebraska) vs. an average offense (2011 Alabama).

Spurrier’s Fun n Gun offense racked up a lot of points on everybody except NU. Averaged 44 points against the SEC in 1995, and more in their non-conf games. Blackshirts held them to 20 below their avg. And scored a safety. And a pick six. I give the nod to the Huskers.

I wouldn't mind having some of that talent similar to what Bama was bringing at Jordan Jefferson all night long, from an athletic standpoint I'd lean towards Bama now, but NU had a great defense and it was their offense that made it easier on them (which isn't a knock, it's a good thing).

Spurrier’s Fun n Gun offense racked up a lot of points on everybody except NU. Averaged 44 points against the SEC in 1995, and more in their non-conf games. Blackshirts held them to 20 below their avg. And scored a safety. And a pick six. I give the nod to the Huskers.

I'm also with the 95 Huskers...

Personnel, they might have an edge, but we had the superior defensive coach...

personally, I will take a 13-11 score for every game next year as long as the Skers run the table. Complaining about only beating the sub teams by 2 but loving beating the good teams by 2 and being in the National title game will do okay for me. But dont get me wrong I will still be bitching when the Skers only beat Southeast high school 13-11 and then the next week Knock off number 6 in the country 13-11.

If you're just comparing defenses, then yeah, I'd say 2011 Alabama was better than the 95 Blackshirts.

But if you're comparing teams, 95 Nebraska wins that game by 3-4 TDs. One of the best offenses ever (95 Nebraska) vs. one of the best defenses ever (2011 Bama), and a great, opportunistic defense (95 Nebraska) vs. an average offense (2011 Alabama).

This x 1000