Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

Made it through the first five released episodes of The Witcher season 3.

So far, not a huge fan of this season. The first two episodes had really awkward pace and writing. Episodes 3-5 have been better but still sort of forgettable. It's also really sad/disappointing to watch from the standpoint that Henry Cavill won't be coming back.

• Fire 1
  • 4 weeks later...

18 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m tired of getting into a series, then my wife falls asleep in a couple episodes, gets out of the storyline and doesn’t want to watch any more. 

Or…or…you fall asleep and then she gets way ahead of you in the series and doesn’t want to back up. This is why I’ve pretty relinquished the TV to her (except for Husker games and Avs games) and I watch 90% of my series on my iPad and let her watch what she wants at any pace she wants.

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

Or…or…you fall asleep and then she gets way ahead of you in the series and doesn’t want to back up. This is why I’ve pretty relinquished the TV to her (except for Husker games and Avs games) and I watch 90% of my series on my iPad and let her watch what she wants at any pace she wants.

But, then she gets upset if I'm not watching something with her.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

But, then she gets upset if I'm not watching something with her.

I feel your pain.

I always give my wife a few options of what I’d like to watch and she comes back with some lame Hallmark or Lifetime movie or some dumb series I’d never watch. Then I try to make it seem like I’m doing her a favor by letting her watch what she wants :lol:

• Oh Yeah! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the movie Babylon on Prime. Thought it was excellent. Having trouble believing it was not a hit with the critics. A little long at over 3 hours but not a boring stretch in it. Probably a really good portrayal of Hollywood’s transition from silent movies to talkies, but not sure exactly how accurate the seedy underbelly babylonesque stuff is. Highly entertaining nonetheless.

On 7/5/2023 at 6:46 PM, Enhance said:

Made it through the first five released episodes of The Witcher season 3.

So far, not a huge fan of this season. The first two episodes had really awkward pace and writing. Episodes 3-5 have been better but still sort of forgettable. It's also really sad/disappointing to watch from the standpoint that Henry Cavill won't be coming back.

I really, really liked season 1; I've surprisingly never played any of the games, but season 1 got me to read the books. 

Season 2 was ok; sort of middling at times, but ok. 

After the nonsense surrounding Cavill's departure, I'm skipping season 3 and whatever comes after.