Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

Just now, JJ Husker said:

Will definitely have to watch that one. I've watched the Ken Burns ones on WWII and Vietnam and they were beyond good. Still trying to get into his WWI but haven't done that one yet.

Yeah JJ this is the first time I have seen this also.  I still need to finish WWII.

This may be old news but 11.22.63 on Hulu is pretty entertaining. It's by Stephen King and JJ Abrams. Definitely has the Stephen King feel to it but it seems to be done a little better than his typical movie or series. Eight part mini series starring James Franco.

24 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

This may be old news but 11.22.63 on Hulu is pretty entertaining. It's by Stephen King and JJ Abrams. Definitely has the Stephen King feel to it but it seems to be done a little better than his typical movie or series. Eight part mini series starring James Franco.

Old news?  No way!

Another sweet series to watch...Miami Vice...most of you have probably never heard of it but it is two undercover cops in Miami...I think it is new.

22 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Old news?  No way!

Another sweet series to watch...Miami Vice...most of you have probably never heard of it but it is two undercover cops in Miami...I think it is new.

Well I looked it up. 11.22.63 has been on Hulu since February 2016. So as suspected it is not a new release. But if you haven't seen it give it a try.

I remember watching Miami Vice when it was first run on TV. Seemed okay then but guessing it would feel pretty dated now. 

8 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Well I looked it up. 11.22.63 has been on Hulu since February 2016. So as suspected it is not a new release. But if you haven't seen it give it a try.

I remember watching Miami Vice when it was first run on TV. Seemed okay then but guessing it would feel pretty dated now. 

Great...well I am returning my wicker shoes, white sport coat and pink T-shirt to goodwill!  Jerk!

• Haha 1

I've had World War II in Colour in my Netflix list for quite some time but hadn't gotten around to watching it.  Then I saw that it's set to go away this month so I decided I better get going.  

I've watched the first two episodes.  Not sure if I'll get through the entire series before it disappears or not.  But if you're at all interested in that kind of thing, you should really watch at least the first episode.  It covers the run-up to September 1, 1939.  I'm kind of a history buff and thought I was decently educated but there were a bunch of things in there that I didn't know.

• Thanks 1

On 8/5/2019 at 1:56 PM, RedSavage said:

If you haven't watched The Boys on Prime yet, do yourself a favor and check it out if you like Superhero stuff.  It's not your traditional superhero show/movie in that not all Superheroes use their powers for good.

Watched the first episode last night. It looks to be pretty darned good :thumbs

• Plus1 2

So I recently read the Bill Hodges Trilogy by Stephen King (includes Mr. MercedesFinders Keepers, and End of Watch). I knew they had made a TV series out of it so I watched the first episode today. It's not strict to the source material but it was decent. I'm interested to see how it goes. It's in a channel called Audience if you're interested

1 hour ago, GSG said:

So I recently read the Bill Hodges Trilogy by Stephen King (includes Mr. MercedesFinders Keepers, and End of Watch). I knew they had made a TV series out of it so I watched the first episode today. It's not strict to the source material but it was decent. I'm interested to see how it goes. It's in a channel called Audience if you're interested

This doesn't totally fit but it is amazing how amazing King's books are and how bad most of the movies have been.