For any fitness fanatics on this message board

No. It's not. I've done it and I do it. Maybe if you're close to your maximum potential this is the case. But you made a blanket statement which is false.

Very true! For an example take insanity. Those people didn't have that muscle mass when they started. They also had a much lower BF% at the end.

Let me restate it then. It's impossible for someone who has been lifting for a while and is trying to cut the last few % of their BF not to lose muscle while cutting.

For example, professional body builders as they are building in the offseason eat lots of healthy fats and load up on as much carbs, healthy fats, and protein as they can. When they cut fat to prepare for competition, it's a given that they will lose a sizable amount of muscle.

Obviously a person like the people on the Biggest Loser who haven't done a physical activity in their lives, yes they will gain some muscle. Anyone who hasn't been on a physical training program will gain muscle after starting to work out. So you're right, my blanket statement was not correct. I was speaking more along the lines of people who have been lifting for a while.

Wrong...They do adjust their diet but not as much as you think. They cut the carbs by a lot but will only drop the fats by a little. They also maintain their protein intake and will not change it. They also continue to workout and do more intense cardio to up their fat burn.

Agree, again, with Stumpy. What would the point be of them bulking just to lose all of the muscle that they just gained?

Bodybuilders do not lose a sizeable amount of muscle at all when cutting. They cut fat and water weight by adjusting diet and cardio. Carbs are the key when cutting.

You're right, but if people can't acknowledge that you can't cut fat without losing some muscle, then I have no more words for them.

Bodybuilders do not lose a sizeable amount of muscle at all when cutting. They cut fat and water weight by adjusting diet and cardio. Carbs are the key when cutting.

You're right, but if people can't acknowledge that you can't cut fat without losing some muscle, then I have no more words for them.

Yes I can.

Gained 10 pounds in last 3 weeks. Not bad. Up to 195, hoping to get to 215 by end of summer. Hooray not being a stick anymore, maybe!

That's impressive, good work my man!

I've backtracked this week though, the other half of my 2-person department was gone at work all week; I've already worked 50 hours and that's only through Thursday. No time nor energy to work out :( Next week!

groupon has a special on Deer Antler Spray, 9.99 for two bottles. If any of you guys are interested in looking like Ray Lewis.

Deer Antler Spray turns your skin black?...

:sarcasm

Recently, I've been hooked on Testosterone boosters to help gain muscle and lean out a little bit. I've been taking Hexatest T-boosters, and my buddy just hooked me up with some Test-X last week for super cheap. It also has some deer antler (powder) in it.

Have any of you ever heard of this guy?

Rich Roll

What an amazing endurance athlete. He woke up one day at 40 years old being 50 lbs over weight and now at 45 is one of the top endurance athletes in the world.

Same age as me. Impressive. His story caught me because the same epiphany happened to me about 18 months ago. Ummm......I haven't reached his level though.

• 2 weeks later...

One year ago today I weighed 260lbs after a weekend bachelor party in KC and stuffing my face at Fogo De Chao. Today I checked in at about 238.

I feel pretty good considering I took off September through February, and I've basically been trying to regain muscle and strength since. Now that it's finally getting nice out I can focus on cutting again and get back on my bike and jog a little. I've still got a lot of work to do before I'm satisfied.

• Fire 1