Who should the next Nebrasketball coach be?

GWH

He's a bit older but what say ye about Rick Majerus? Ya or nay? He might be able to get something rolling then hand it off to a capable assistant or at least get this program to be a bit more of a desirable destination.

He was in the discussion back when we brought in Doc.......................I think he detoured through Jenny Craig Junior College...................

He's a bit older but what say ye about Rick Majerus? Ya or nay? He might be able to get something rolling then hand it off to a capable assistant or at least get this program to be a bit more of a desirable destination.

That's an interesting name to consider. I would say no. What he did at Utah was fantastic, but that was almost 20 years ago and not exactly the Big 10 conference. Didn't he accept the USC job for like 5 days and then turn it down because he said he wasn't in good enough health? I think later on he claimed it was a lie, but still, the man is old and large. He would need great recruiters on staff because I don't think he'd relate to the kids.

If Doc isn't gone this year than probably the next.

I have a dream coach in mind, who currently isn't employed right now and quite honestly would never end up at NU but hey I can dream.

Is GWH gonna fill us in on the dream coach sometime? Kind of a tease to start a topic, lead off with a post like this, then never return, just leaving HB hangin...

Another very serious issue to ponder: Tom's stance on the AAU recruiting. For two reasons:

1. I guarantee you if he's going after top name guys, he will get turned down by more than one when he tells them they can't go the AAU route.

2. When he does get a guy to come in, that guy won't be able to recruit much better than Doc has if he obeys Tom's command and stays away from the AAU 'trouble'.

It would be nice if the next coach would change the pace of the game. Get up and down the floor by pushing the ball or pressing after a made basket. It might help recruit if kids can see that they can get some stats in our offense. I know, we all want team players that are for the team instead of their own stats, but lets be honest, kids still care about their stats and where they fit into the offense. No one wants to come here to average four points a game.

Greg Paulus is at Ohio State right now. If we're going to gamble then bet the farm. I jest. I wouldn't mind seeing him as an assistant here though. I think he could make a darn good HC someday. Smart kid.

I'll kill myself if a former Puke player coaches at NU.

You want a name. A guy that may enjoy coming back to B1G country and sticking it to two teams in particular. He did just sign a 10 year extension in 2010, with a 400k buyout starting last year that is less this year(don't know how much).

The guy would be Steve Alford. He did punk out a decent Doc squad a couple of years ago in the NIT.

Greg Paulus is at Ohio State right now. If we're going to gamble then bet the farm. I jest. I wouldn't mind seeing him as an assistant here though. I think he could make a darn good HC someday. Smart kid.

I'll kill myself if a former Puke player coaches at NU.

Why? Because they know what a winning program should look like?

• Fire 1

You want a name. A guy that may enjoy coming back to B1G country and sticking it to two teams in particular. He did just sign a 10 year extension in 2010, with a 400k buyout starting last year that is less this year(don't know how much).

The guy would be Steve Alford. He did punk out a decent Doc squad a couple of years ago in the NIT.

That would be a really interesting hire. He did a heckuva lot at Iowa. It'd be interesting to see what he could do recruiting with the new facilities.

That would be a really interesting hire. He did a heckuva lot at Iowa. It'd be interesting to see what he could do recruiting with the new facilities.

Set him up for an interview

huskersdocsadler.png

What about KU assistant Danny Manning? KU head coach Bill Self is a relatively young guy, and probably will be at KU for a long, long time, so there's not sense in Manning waiting around to take over at KU. Manning has proven over the past couple of years that he can develop talent. He's take Thomas Robinson from a player who averaged 14 minutes per game last year sitting behind the Morris twins to a legitmate player of the year candidate this season. I'm not sure how good of a recruiter Manning is, but it has to be better than Doc.

Honestly, I don't know if he'd be interested, but if I'm T.O., I'm making a phone call to Lawrence.