Nebraska Prestige

bdubb75

This kind of thing.

Stewart Mandel @slmandel

Five-star OL Andrus Peat picks Stanford over Nebraska. Ah, how the times have changed.

Really? Scott Frost a native Nebraskan chose Stanford over Nebraska in 1993. Have times really changed that much? Academically, Stanford is hands down better than Nebraska. Maybe he chose academics over athletics. You win some, you lose some.

This kind of thing.

Stewart Mandel @slmandel

Five-star OL Andrus Peat picks Stanford over Nebraska. Ah, how the times have changed.

Really? Scott Frost a native Nebraskan chose Stanford over Nebraska in 1993. Have times really changed that much? Academically, Stanford is hands down better than Nebraska. Maybe he chose academics over athletics. You win some, you lose some.

Before he came to his senses. And won a national championship.

^ while academics played a part - i don't think this one was as much about academics as some are making it out to be. this was about football. it was about playing on an OL that is going to put him in the best position to play on Sundays. His older brother made the same decision I think...it was about him getting on a DL that put him in the best position to make it to the NFL.

you could also read into this and assume the Peats aren't 100% sold on the program...if they were this wouldn't have been much of a decision. it shouldn't have been.

• Fire 2

Jesus H. Christ, chicken littles--we only had 17 scholarships to give, people. Look at your Rivals.com board at the Top 25 schools--other than USC, who happens to be the premiere school in California, and Notre Dame, who still has clout in Big 10 country, all schools had more scholarships to offer, especially the SEC schools. :angry:

If we're concerned about what some flaming douchebags from ESPN say about our school/alma matter, then suggest something constructive, like suggesting that Nebraska put more money and effort into national PR. But our school did a great job in spite of being at a mathematical disadvantage this recruiting season. Could it have been better?--yes. But, it also could have been a lot worse, and we did get a lot of quality kids, including key Texas recruits (thus indicating that the 'Whorntards know nothing about Nebraska recruiting) and Big 10 recruits (each one a double-win).

If you're a true fan of Nebraska, then you should already know that our MO isn't to outspend and out-glitz the competition. Our modus operandi is to make the best with what we have and those that want a shot at walking on at a quality program. We have a Top 25 recruiting class, with plenty of excellent kids, plus one of the best walk-on classes this side of the 1990s.

If anything, things are looking up--maybe not at the accelerated cheating paid artificial SEC pace that we are comparing ourselves too, but they are looking up.

• Fire 3

Irrelevant? That is irrational.

Yes, we were mentioned about 3 times today on ESPN's recruiting special and only in relation to Andrus Peat. In which he promptly punked us and we were never mentioned again.

It's not like Peat ruined this class. We landed quite a few other quality recruits. A whole class full of them. A top 25 ranked class, I believe. If espn has nothing to say about a top-25 class other than pointing to the big one that got away, then espn is an ass.

I def think if we were able to take more recruits than we would have easily moved into the top 20 if not 15. I have no problem with where we are at with recruiting standngs. I think they are trash, 24 in one and 50 in another. I would rather see us get guys that are going to fit into our scheme and compete!!!!

^ while academics played a part - i don't think this one was as much about academics as some are making it out to be. this was about football. it was about playing on an OL that is going to put him in the best position to play on Sundays. His older brother made the same decision I think...it was about him getting on a DL that put him in the best position to make it to the NFL.

you could also read into this and assume the Peats aren't 100% sold on the program...if they were this wouldn't have been much of a decision. it shouldn't have been.

:facepalm:

Shouldn't have been a decision? Really? What is Peat gets hurt and can't play football in the NFL? Im sure employers will be much more impressed with Stanford on his resume than Nebraska.

:facepalm:

Shouldn't have been a decision? Really? What is Peat gets hurt and can't play football in the NFL? Im sure employers will be much more impressed with Stanford on his resume than Nebraska.

Yes, standing in the unemployment line the man behind the desk asks "Where did you get your degree?" I graduated from the University of Nebraska Lincoln, how about you? The man response "Stanford".