Pelini on a Mission

Pelini says he hears all the time how people are afraid to approach him because he's intimidating. I told him he's a pussycat compared with a guy I used to cover, former Missouri basketball coach Norm Stewart. Pelini then throws out this stunner: Stewart recruited him to play basketball at Mizzou. The Youngstown, Ohio, kid chose Ohio State, of course. But imagine Pelini playing for Stormin' Norman. Two peas in a pod.

Interesting.

Great article. Good to hear some words from the Head Ball Coach. Sometimes I forget these players and coaches want to win just as bad if not worse than the rest of us do. He'll get it figured out, and I agree, with the players on the team and a few pieces moved into place, we could be very close.

Thanks Rollin.... I read this article in paper this morning. It is a pretty good read. Nice to see Bo open up and talk a little.

** another good article in the OWH is about the top 10 or so recruits that we missed out on in the past. It gives clues, and you try to guess who we missed. I don't know how to post it...someone probably will or already has.

I appreciated Bo finally speaking on his desire to be at Nebraska, also comforting to see him open up some.... Sometimes I think Bo thinks we're against him, but in reality most of us would love nothing more then to build a statue of him at memorial because of his accomplishment here at NU.... Keep it up Coach, and do your thing!!

Very good read...It just goes to show you that people look at him one way and one way only. There is a whole different side to Bo and a little came out in the article. I LOVE the fact that he wants his kids to do things the right way and to grow as people, not just football players.

This article reaffirms what many have said on this board for a long time - the coaches know what's wrong and they're trying to fix it. What separates Nebraska from more elite programs, on this step in the journey, is correcting those issues and performing on the field at an adequate level. I wouldn't call these words 'refreshing', because I've felt for a long time that the coaches know what we do and more. They simply coincide with my mind set. But, again, knowing something and fixing it are two different things. There are many elite programs that face the same challenges we do (tough conferences, social media, rabid fan bases, etc.), and those coaches have found ways to work around it. We can credit our issues to any number of the reasons listed above, and I have faith that Pelini is going to do his absolute best to figure it out.

As fans, all we can do is hope things come to fruition; nobody wants to win more than these coaches and these players.

• Fire 4