SIGNED RB Terrell Newby

Nexus

UCLA is our only concern here. Very good chance he is ours though. Which is big time with him and Taylor.

So would Heard move back to defense? Our backfield could get pretty crowded, I know its a good problem to have, just asking.

Gives us the luxury to redshirt both Newby and Taylor. That way we space them out from our other backs. Braylon and Ameer will both be seniors by the time these two were RS freshmen and Cross, a junior. Add Kimg Frazier into the mix and we have six backs that will be better than a good number of teams' 1s and 2s. Maybe we can trade Iowa for James Morris and Cap room for King Frazier straight up.

This is the logic that has me very worried about UCLA. Why would Newby want to be put in a position of possibly having to redshirt when he could go to UCLA and potentially play right away? Of course this scenario would be great for us, but he has to be weighing this in his head unless he's been quoted as saying he would be open to redshirting and I just missed it.

A quick look at UCLA roster shows 5 RB soph or younger and one committed this year, they dont really need him, thats why they took so long to offer.

They definitely have depth at the position, but no established guy. Either way I cant imagine him redshirting.

UCLA is our only concern here. Very good chance he is ours though. Which is big time with him and Taylor.

So would Heard move back to defense? Our backfield could get pretty crowded, I know its a good problem to have, just asking.

Gives us the luxury to redshirt both Newby and Taylor. That way we space them out from our other backs. Braylon and Ameer will both be seniors by the time these two were RS freshmen and Cross, a junior. Add Kimg Frazier into the mix and we have six backs that will be better than a good number of teams' 1s and 2s. Maybe we can trade Iowa for James Morris and Cap room for King Frazier straight up.

Your logic for redshirting Newby and Taylor makes sense to me. However, my perception in watching Bo make decisions on redshirts is that he doesn't place much emphasis on spacing out players. He seems focused solely on whether a given freshman can contribute now. A good example was Bo's decision to not redshirt Martin. He was the only linebacker recruit in his class (other than the guy who screwed up his knee and didn't want to work on rehabbing it). The previous year, we had four scholly LBs, all of whom redshirted. By not redshirting, we had five LBs in one class and zero in the following class. Another example was last year at DE. Joseph Carter was transerring in from a JUCO and Martin was transitioning from being a DE. They could have let one of them redshirt to learn their new position/system. Instead, we have four senior scholly DEs graduating and only one upperclassman with significant playing experience returning. Yet another example is Bo's decision to decline Adi's offer to redshirt his senior year so there'd be an experienced kicker coming back after Herery's departure.

Yet another example is Bo's decision to decline Adi's offer to redshirt his senior year so there'd be an experienced kicker coming back after Herery's departure.

That was the most baffling to me.....

He has stated many times he'll play the guy who helps us most. As far as Adi's offer to redshirt that didn't really do anything for the team. It would have used a scholarship in a year that we had very few to give. Before a few guys leaving we were talking about having 15-18 to use. We needed that one. And all we had be hind him and Henery was an all B10 kicker/punter. So yeah...there was a huge need for him. Adi's idea to redshirt had zero to do with the team. It had to do with giving himself to have a year to try and show scouts he could kick and try to make it to the NFL.

Oh God no I hope not. I was pretty bummed the first time it happened. His high school film is jaw dropping. Dude is on another stratosphere if you take a look. I was one of the first people in the crowd, going back to last year, who wants Heard to get the rock more ( I know, a very hipster-ish thing to say). If we have a decent line next year like we did this year (which I think next year's should be better, but that's still a huge if), I think we can consistently hit teams with a 1-2 of Heard and Ameer with evenly split reps and we would hardly need to throw more than 15-20 times a game.as I see it.

Oh God no I hope not. I was pretty bummed the first time it happened. His high school film is jaw dropping. Dude is on another stratosphere if you take a look. I was one of the first people in the crowd, going back to last year, who wants Heard to get the rock more ( I know, a very hipster-ish thing to say). If we have a decent line next year like we did this year (which I think next year's should be better, but that's still a huge if), I think we can consistently hit teams with a 1-2 of Heard and Ameer with evenly split reps and we would hardly need to throw more than 15-20 times a game.as I see it.

If we get Taylor and Newby things will get very interesting especially if they're as good as advertised.

I was one of the first people in the crowd, going back to last year, who wants Heard to get the rock more ( I know, a very hipster-ish thing to say).

Hipsters don't watch sports. Duh.

Yet another example is Bo's decision to decline Adi's offer to redshirt his senior year so there'd be an experienced kicker coming back after Herery's departure.

Yeah...not like we had Brett Maher, 1st team Big Ten Kicker and Punter waiting in the mix.

I was one of the first people in the crowd, going back to last year, who wants Heard to get the rock more ( I know, a very hipster-ish thing to say).

Yeah...not like we had Brett Maher, 1st team Big Ten Kicker and Punter waiting in the mix.

If you knew just how clutch and dependable Maher was going to be, you were much more prescient than most...... :cheers

• Fire 1

If you knew just how clutch and dependable Maher was going to be, you were much more prescient than most...... :cheers

I didn't, but is it possible that the head coach of our football team did? :facepalm:

I didn't, but is it possible that the head coach of our football team did? :facepalm:

Haven't you heard? Bo doesn't know anything about football. Why do you think nobody wants him as a coach?

When it's all said and done, I think this will be a great year for recruiting. We'll add to our already deep list of running backs, linebackers, def backs and wide receivers. An excellent young Qb. Quality O linemen. It looks like we may be in the lead for Terell's services next year. The next 6 weeks will be something special on the recruiting front.