Nebraska Alternative (aka Sacrilegious) Uniform Slamma Ramma Extravaganza 2012

children-of-the-corn-400x385.jpg

whoever designed these should be shot! TO would never ok these, and if he did then its because he has gone blind and has the worst case of alzhiemers ever!

im sure that they will do something that is fairly traditional and sharp looking. i just cant see them doing something outragious. TO is very particular about how the school is represented and he wont let ugly unis like these onto the field

children-of-the-corn-400x385.jpg

whoever designed these should be shot! TO would never ok these, and if he did then its because he has gone blind and has the worst case of alzhiemers ever!

im sure that they will do something that is fairly traditional and sharp looking. i just cant see them doing something outragious. TO is very particular about how the school is represented and he wont let ugly unis like these onto the field

Never say never.

Spent some time tonight coming up with a design based off the rumor from the source that had "seen the alt jerseys". I didn't feel like trying to guess what adidas had in mind for "futuristic" so I went with a combo from last year's designs. So aside from whatever weird strokes or swooping white side panels they might add, this could be the "base look".

7120475631_85deab346d_z.jpg

Oh and I got a little lazy at the end, so some of the details may not be as clean and tight as they could be for my skill level.

The large version is on my flickr and can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/icedavis/7120475631/

Edited by icedavis

Spent some time tonight coming up with a design based off the rumor from the source that had "seen the alt jerseys". I didn't feel like trying to guess what adidas had in mind for "futuristic" so I went with a combo from last year's designs. So aside from whatever weird strokes or swooping white side panels they might add, this could be the "base look".

Oh and I got a little lazy at the end, so some of the details may not be as clean and tight as they could be for my skill level.

That's probably the best "serious" one I've seen so far. I don't really like the zigzaggy things on the N but other than that it looks pretty cool. I still don't want the N on the helmet to change though.

That's probably the best "serious" one I've seen so far. I don't really like the zigzaggy things on the N but other than that it looks pretty cool. I still don't want the N on the helmet to change though.

I figured many wouldn't like the stitching on the N but I went with it because I felt like adidas was likely to put something on the N because of the recent history of doing so with numbers and such on special run uniforms, although Nike's basketball jerseys do it regularly now. So it was a way to break the idea to people. adidas did it on the Michigan 'M' and on Wisconsin's numbers for the bowl game.

There is a movement in sports design for strengthened jerseys that still allow stretching and breathability while also looking 'pretty". Nike added many strengthening features in a stylistic way on nearly all the Pro-Combat special runs (some more noticeable than others) such as a reinforced collar, extra stitching in the shoulderpad areas and on numbers and such for reinforcement and different types of paneling for better breathability/moisture wicking in the areas that need it most. adidas is usually behind Nike in adding special features like that and they tend to do it in a more understated way. So I expect something along those lines (which is why you see the stitching on the N) mostly with some extra trim-type features that give it the futuristic appeal they are talking about. Something not too crazy but sort of similar to the additions you see with the new Seahawks uniforms. So that was my thinking even though I didn't go so far as to try to guess all the extra futuristic trim features.

Never cease to amaze me with your skills.

You're talent, but sorry, I would hate these. We should never go all red.

This isn't meant to be a knock on your abilities (I think you did a pretty good job). But these would be terrible. Far too much red and the N is ridiculous. I couldn't see many people in the AD looking at these and saying "Yes, let's do this." The helmet is what I like the most, but I have a tough time believing they're going to change them.

This isn't meant to be a knock on your abilities (I think you did a pretty good job). But these would be terrible. Far too much red and the N is ridiculous. I couldn't see many people in the AD looking at these and saying "Yes, let's do this." The helmet is what I like the most, but I have a tough time believing they're going to change them.

No worries and I actually kinda agree. I wasn't much of a fan of the all-red looks in the past but the more I look at this base look I can't help but think with a good balance of white and black (school color or not) that in person it could turn out well and be a very good look. The Stanford Pro Combats from last season would be a pretty close "real life version" of this base look which I think is okay but is overall too dark. Has a very "stealth" feel but doesn't entirely work for me. A more Nebraska red could work but I just don't quite know. As you can see the Stanford ones had a different feel under game lights.

Sidenote: Doesn't it look like players have taken a dump in their shorts with those padded shorts underneath?

6144389574_11c06c7356_o.jpgNotre+Dame+v+Stanford+yFB9ipcwImSl.jpg

Georgia also had something that could be molded into a nebraska look. Don't think too literally about actually molding this look and please try to avert your eyes from the helmet area. Ugh.

uga-football-uniform-3.jpg