Nebraska Alternative (aka Sacrilegious) Uniform Slamma Ramma Extravaganza 2012

Well after the uniforms were leaked or released, I went over to the recruiting forum fully expecting to have our 2013 class filled! Apparently some on this board felt we needed to do this to attract today's recruits! Well it's today! And here's our new unis! Waiting on this class to fill up! Should happen by fall practice!

BTW don't these remind anyone of something Ole Miss might wear?

Still LOVE the Helmet.

Digging the socks.

Can live with the badly conceptualized version of the stripes on the sleeves.

HATE the Big N. Worked for Michigan, doesn't fit Nebraska.

The Big N would look far better if the pants were black though. The Red Pants are horrible.

Black Helmet, Red Jersey, Black Pants, Red Sox, Black Shoes... how hard is that concept to understand?

Wow, so the traditionalists hate it, and everyone who wasted their life making an alternate uni on their computer don't like it because it doesn't look like the one in your head. Weird.

Another reason why this should have never been done.

• Fire 3

friend of mine uncle works somewhere at the university and he said they're going to be RED ON RED, BLACK #s, BLACK HELMET WITH A RED N. HE ALSO SAID SOMETHING ABOUT MAYBE NO NUMBERS ON FRONT JUST A BIG N

I TOLD YALL BUT YA DIDNT BELIEVE ME!!! HAHA

im not a fan, however there is a good chance that when these are worn on the field and we can see them without the dumb lighting and angles that they show in the pictures they wont look near as bad.

I also wondering what it may look like in daylight or under the lights on the field. I could do without the N on the chest and leave it on the helmet.

Wow, so the traditionalists hate it, and everyone who wasted their life making an alternate uni on their computer don't like it because it doesn't look like the one in your head. Weird.

I don't think it's just that. I think it's more so that these uniforms blow.

Honestly my biggest peeve is that it is a copy of Michigan. I think if they even just put numbers on the front and removed the N I would be much more happy.

I am definitely not a traditionalist, and have said in the past that I would love to see a Black jersey once a year. I like the black helmet but think the jersey sucks. I hate it when one school tries to copy something that another school tried. the "M" for Michigan was fine, it has been used so "N" on the jersey should not be used.

I thought Dr Tom would come up with something better.

we knew that the blue hairs and traditionalists were going to hate it, but if polled i bet 90% of the Husker fans would hate it also

Of course they do. They always do. Moreover, whenever Nebraska has tried to "create" something new, it's failed miserably. The "alma mater" song by Mannheim Steamroller. HuskerNation pavilion. Singing the fight song after the game. Red out around the world. You'd think they'd learn.