Nebraska Alternative (aka Sacrilegious) Uniform Slamma Ramma Extravaganza 2012

Adidas director of football Mark Daniels

“(Adidas) looks at this differently," Daniels said. "There are a lot of people out there with so many combinations of uniforms that it makes your head hurt, and I don’t know how you keep up with it all. We’re not going to go out there and put Nebraska in 17 different combinations of uniforms. We’re going to pitch a specific game on a fairly regular annual basis and celebrate Nebraska with an alternative uniform one game a year.”

How do you guys feel about this?

A new alternate uniform every year but only worn for 1 game.

“(Adidas) looks at this differently," Daniels said. "There are a lot of people out there with so many combinations of uniforms that it makes your head hurt, and I don’t know how you keep up with it all. We’re not going to go out there and put Nebraska in 17 different combinations of uniforms. We’re going to pitch a specific game on a fairly regular annual basis and celebrate Nebraska with an alternative uniform one game a year.”

:leghump: :leghump: :leghump:

I like it. Like Els said yesterday, it's just another recruiting tool. And in today's society, cool new uniforms are a bigger recruiting tool than ever before.

I really enjoy the idea. I'm sure some of the bluehairs will be upset about it, but its just one game. I am all for the Husker traditions, but one game isn't going to hurt all of our tradition. If the kids enjoy it, let them have it.

The bluehairs on the other sites are still pitching a whiny-ass s**t fit about them. Anything that involves change or effort is excruciatingly difficult for them to accept or comprehend...even if it's just for a game or two, as you said.

Then again, the sites chock full of bluehairs older fans are still gnashing their teeth about the move to the B1G.

And yes, I am painting with a very broad brush and realize there are exceptions, but they're just that--exceptions, and unfortunately, not the rule.

I like it. Like Els said yesterday, it's just another recruiting tool. And in today's society, cool new uniforms are a bigger recruiting tool than ever before.

Hit it on the head. This will be a solid recruiting tool. Not as big of one as Oregon but still a tool too be used.

We needed too get on this sooner. When Notre Dame is considering alternates it means its almost not cool anymore.