Dennard Arrested for Assault

He is a kid period. He has never worked a day in his life, never been responsible for anything other than playing a game. He has no real idea of what life is about and the opportunities given him. Every thing has been handed to him from, clothes, food, medical care, and education and the opportunitiy to make millions due to his athletic abilities. Kids can be 10 or 30 living at home in the basement with mommy and daddy sending them to college.

A man/adult is when you take responsibilty for your actions, know what you want and work to get there, some adults are very young, Rex would be the opposite that fits. Age is figurative. His actions are that of child and have been for awhile. He made a mistake, a bad mistake no question and it will haunt him for awhile, but it gives him an opportunity to grow and learn from this bad choice. I hope he grows from it and turns his actions around. I delt with kids every single day, those that put their life on the line in combat at much younger ages, and still some of those were only children in a man's body.

you want that choice of words...fine....you will lose everytime. Every Human Being is different from everyone. He has never worked ever in his life....LOL...are you really this stupid?? How does he get every opportunity handed to him....because he did the work to have that opportunity to get to the next level. This guy made a mistake and you are bannishing from the HUSKER greats.....well I WON'T.

Do any of you on this board know Mr. Dennard well enough to call him "Fonzie"?

I presume you have a point with this, but it's escaping me. Why should people have to know Fonzie "well enough" to call him that? We give players nicknames all the time. T-Magic. Superman. Touchdown Tommie. I don't see why Dennard should be any different. What am I missing?

Try reading my post, I am standing up for the kid.

I am not banishing him from anything. I said he made a mistake, and every single one on this board could have done the same thing. I know I have come close a couple of times, booze dims the mind, those that think they would not or could not have this happen to them are wrong. I am hoping he squares himself away and moves on from this, that it does not become a regular way of life.

I get so sick of hearing how hard these kids had it. Some have had it tough, but if they were playing football from a young age, and doing well, their lives are not that of the street thug, there was guidance somewhere that gave the opportunity to get to Nebraska. I have seen inner city gheto kids come into the service and turn out to be great Marines, and some be worse than they were. People make their choices not their background. Knowing right from wrong normally is a given, Dennard knows right from wrong. His mistake was the booze and partying at 2am.

We do not know the whole story, why it happened, did he realize he was swinging at cop, was he sober enough to know. Those things will come out. Either way he is going to pay a heavy price for this. The real question is will he take it that he made a bad mistake or is the man picking on him. My thoughts are he will grow from this. I hope so.

Do any of you on this board know Mr. Dennard well enough to call him "Fonzie"?

I presume you have a point with this, but it's escaping me. Why should people have to know Fonzie "well enough" to call him that? We give players nicknames all the time. T-Magic. Superman. Touchdown Tommie. I don't see why Dennard should be any different. What am I missing?

With the possible exception of Touchdown Tommie, all those "nicknames" are lame ...-but I digress, I wouldn't kangaroo kick a woman in the taco if she wouldn't dance so I'll move along on this one

For the record, I think it is pretty dumb that you are going to trying to throw DUI into this pile. It's not a violent crime, almost everyone I know has driven drunk at least once before, and I dont think a player getting a DUI can be a reflection of Bo as a mentor.

DUI is a very serious offense, though. It's not to be taken lightly, as any time you drive under the influence, it's not just your own life you are throwing to the wind.

I think it is pretty hard to attribute cause to a coach in any of these cases. The greater cause is these are young men and mistakes invariably will happen.

If there is one frequent criticism of Bo and discipline, it's his handling of certain player(s?) who have had multiple DUIs and later found their way back onto the field. Not a guy who was out drinking legally and got into a small fight, but a history of DUIs and maybe some pretty bad other stuff too, playing games.

I am 22 years old and I live my life taking care of adult responsibilities but in no way do I feel like an adult. Still, never, and in no way have I ever came anywhere close to committing a felony. ThIs isn't a question of maturity; it is a question of stupidity. No well-adjusted human being with a proper upbringing and a reasonable world outlook would ever be in the situation where they might assault a cop. Dennard is just out of touch and f'ing ?. f#*k you Alfonzo.

There, I fixed it for you. I work with mentally challenged individuals. We don't use the -r word anymore. Thanks :)

I am 22 years old and I live my life taking care of adult responsibilities but in no way do I feel like an adult. Still, never, and in no way have I ever came anywhere close to committing a felony. ThIs isn't a question of maturity; it is a question of stupidity. No well-adjusted human being with a proper upbringing and a reasonable world outlook would ever be in the situation where they might assault a cop. Dennard is just out of touch and f'ing ?. f#*k you Alfonzo.

There, I fixed it for you. I work with mentally challenged individuals. We don't use the -r word anymore. Thanks :)

:facepalm:

individuals with cognitive challenges

person first

Banning Bucky is ridiculous- Bo's antics and temper on the sideline has caused way more headaches than a half ass drunken punch on a police officer ever will. We make ridiculous personal fouls on the field at the worst times. yes, i agree. We have a discipline problem and if anyone cares to read my post prior to hiring Bo, they would see that kind of baggage was going to follow him. Hard to recruit all saints on a football team. a lot of these kids are guilty of believing their own press clippings at times. Hopefully this type of behavior doesn't become a pattern for these players like Mr. Philips. Move the thread to woodshed if it's making your blood boil. I can't believe the rose colored glasses on here sometimes. Go Huskers

comparing bo's temper problem on the sideline and denard punching a cop is ridiculous, and then saying that bo's temper is a bigger problem than what denard did is even more ridiculous! yes bo has a temper issue, but he never physically harmed anyone, especially a cop. what denard did was very wrong, it doesnt mean he is a bad person or a trouble maker, but come on man, you cant even begin to say what bo has done on the sideline is worse, if thats the case then we should just have a mark mangino, mike leach, or jim levitt kind of coach who abuse players physically but has a better demeanor on the sideline than bo.

:facepalm:

individuals with cognitive challenges

person first

Soooo......does this mean Dennard gets to park in the first row at Wal-Mart?!!! :dunno

Yes, the word "retard" is offensive and ugly; which means it is the perfect word to describe Dennard in this scenario. "Individuals with cognitive challenges" and "mentally challenged individuals" are reserved for people with disabilities not lack of "brains".

I've also had run ins with police after drinking. I've ran from cops on foot, I've lied to cops...but even while I was running (way over the legal limit) I kept saying to myself "If I get tackled, go limp! Do not injure a cop!". Mistakes happen until you are given reason as an adult to be responsible (aka kids, marriage, job, bills). However, there is a limit on mistakes. Dennard committed a FELONY. If convicted, he won't be known as stupid, he will be a FELON. No voting, no guns, and will have a heck of a time working for schools or government. Sadly, he did much more harm to himself than anyone else involved in the scuffle,.