SIGNED DE Peyton Newell

Don't follow recruiting as much as most of you, but this kid is at the top of my list. I like these kids that know how to work on our DL/OL. Guys like Mike Shoff (still a little bitter), Crick, Pensick, Long, Choi, etc. I wouldn't be sad if every one of our OL/DL recruits came from Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, SD, ND, and Wyoming. (slightly over-exaggerated, but you get the point)

Our program is bigger than a single recruit, but we can't let talent like this get out of the 500 mile radius.

I can't believe I am about to do this but... WiFi clearly made sh#t up... But I don't think he is completely wrong regarding the staff maybe not being fully invested in him. The fit, to be honest, just isn't there. If he wasn't a Nebraska kid I don't think he gets that offer to be brutally honest. That said, we still didn't recruit him better than Stanford. I just don't think this is a referendum on the 500 mile radius. Exact same kid in Missouri probably doesn't get an offer.

Here ya go

Justwinnebraska

That is the reality of the situation and I have been discussing it with some people in private.

justwinnebraska 2705 posts

Mike Schaefer said...

Feel free to discuss it on the board too. We're pro discussion here.

Justwinnebraska

I don't want to go into the details, but there were some measurables and frame concerns that we didn't like and we were privately hoping he chose Stanford.

Sam McKewon 238 posts

justwinnebraska said...

I don't want to go into the details, but there were some measurables and frame concerns that we didn't like and we were privately hoping he chose Stanford.

Sam Mckewon

And yet you thought he'd choose Nebraska, right?

justwinnebraska 2705 posts

IDWIW said...

Funny. Don't think you mentioned this before he made his decision. Seems like taking the easy way out after we didn't gain his commitment

Justwinnebraska

I have stated before I don't publicly talk down on prospects but I will do it in private.

7 hours ago

I can't believe I am about to do this but... WiFi clearly made sh#t up... But I don't think he is completely wrong regarding the staff maybe not being fully invested in him. The fit, to be honest, just isn't there. If he wasn't a Nebraska kid I don't think he gets that offer to be brutally honest. That said, we still didn't recruit him better than Stanford. I just don't think this is a referendum on the 500 mile radius. Exact same kid in Missouri probably doesn't get an offer.

Absolutely echo 100000000000% with you on the whole post.

I can't believe I about to say this either, but wifi invests a ton of time into this. Although he doesn't have any information himself, he knows who's posts to read. I don't fault him for that in the slightest.

My qualms with him are that he honestly thought he let coaches and fans know about different prospects. For example, T. Farmer. He honestly thought that kid wouldn't get recognized had he not said anything. Bull sh#t. Farmer is a top five OG in the nation and would have been found regardless.