SIGNED QB Johnny Stanton

At least if I interpreted your post correctly. I took the first one as sarcasm. Is that what it was aimed to be?

No, I didn't mean for it to be taken that way. I see where the confusion is coming from now though, no worries. To be clear: I think Stanton is leaning toward Nebraska, I think he has been for a while. Wisconsin was lucky to get a visit, we're hurting for QB's as the guy we really want, Roback, won't make the cut academically. We'll probably be picking up a lower rated pro-style kid from Minnesota.

Until we finish renovating facilities it'll be hard for us to land a highly ranked skill player from outside our recruiting footprint like Stanton. It is what it is.

Any juco targets surfacing for you?

At least if I interpreted your post correctly. I took the first one as sarcasm. Is that what it was aimed to be?

No, I didn't mean for it to be taken that way. I see where the confusion is coming from now though, no worries. To be clear: I think Stanton is leaning toward Nebraska, I think he has been for a while. Wisconsin was lucky to get a visit, we're hurting for QB's as the guy we really want, Roback, won't make the cut academically. We'll probably be picking up a lower rated pro-style kid from Minnesota.

Until we finish renovating facilities it'll be hard for us to land a highly ranked skill player from outside our recruiting footprint like Stanton. It is what it is.

It seems 50/50 with people saying QB isn't that high of priority in Badger land this cycle. Supposedly they have 2 open schollies left. And the QB Bucky was talking about, Brogan Roback, committed to Eastern Michigan this morning, but he never had an offer from Wisky.

Again all I will add to this thread for a little longer is :D

It seems 50/50 with people saying QB isn't that high of priority in Badger land this cycle. Supposedly they have 2 open schollies left. And the QB Bucky was talking about, Brogan Roback, committed to Eastern Michigan this morning, but he never had an offer from Wisky.

I gotta say, with a name like that.. he's obviously going to be a stud.

I gotta say, with a name like that.. he's obviously going to be a stud.

Reports are he throws like a girl.

Just Sayin..... :box:lol:

Back to the topic of Johnny Stanton. I feel his commit might open the doors for a few receivers to pull the trigger as well. With Beau Sandland also from Calif and looking for a good home, I'm thinking it might be another reason for him to feel like Huskerland would be a good place to spend 2 years. Possibly a few linemen would also want to play in front of a Qb like Stanton. Not saying it would be a prime reason for coming here but it could play a part.

Back to the topic of Johnny Stanton. I feel his commit might open the doors for a few receivers to pull the trigger as well. With Beau Sandland also from Calif and looking for a good home, I'm thinking it might be another reason for him to feel like Huskerland would be a good place to spend 2 years. Possibly a few linemen would also want to play in front of a Qb like Stanton. Not saying it would be a prime reason for coming here but it could play a part.

Is Sandland a JC player? or What makes you think Stanton would feel Huskerland a good place to spend 2 years?

Is Sandland a JC player? or What makes you think Stanton would feel Huskerland a good place to spend 2 years?

He's saying that the commitment of Stanton, might cause Sandland, who is a JC player more comfortablity. I don't agree though, because sandland only has two years, considering Martinez is the quarterback for Sandland's first year. Considering, Carnes is pretty good, Stanton would have to jump Carnes, which i don't find likely. Sandland can jump right into the line-up next year. It's not likely Sandland and Stanton will play together.

Sandland is a JC TE.

Sandland is a JC TE.

ok, makes sense now

If Malik Zaire and Johnny Stanton want "N", there's no reason we don't take them both. I think Johnny is ours for several reasons...

1) His coach said no one is sitting prettier with Johnny than Nebraska. He said Nebraska was the perfect school for Johnny.

2) Johnny has said in his own words that he fits well in Nebraska's offense, he loves how the coaches mesh together, he loves the school and the city. Everything he has stated he wants in a program he has followed up with Nebraska has it.

3) He was wearing a Nebraska hat at his competition last weekend and has not been photographed wearing any memorabilia from any other school. You don't see him wearing attire from any other school. He's visited us twice and the others only once. etc.