SIGNED QB Johnny Stanton

I've never understood the habit of trying to be the first to give a player a nickname in hopes that "my name is the one that sticks". There aren't any medals to hand out for the most original name. Let's allow him to sign an LOI and get on campus and beyond his redshirt year before we dub him the next savior of our program. No wonder these kids have huge egos.

I'm as happy as anyone that he wants to call Lincoln home a year from now and I'd love to see him become all I think he can be. I'll start paying attention to him when he starts climbing the depth charts.

@lanegrindle: Wow! RT @NateClouse #Nebraska quarterback commit Johnny Stanton is No. 1 in the first Elite 11 staff rankings.

(null)

I thought he was 20th out of 25? Not sure what to believe.

There are several places reporting on it, with several different opinions.

I've never understood the habit of trying to be the first to give a player a nickname in hopes that "my name is the one that sticks". There aren't any medals to hand out for the most original name. Let's allow him to sign an LOI and get on campus and beyond his redshirt year before we dub him the next savior of our program. No wonder these kids have huge egos.

I'm as happy as anyone that he wants to call Lincoln home a year from now and I'd love to see him become all I think he can be. I'll start paying attention to him when he starts climbing the depth charts.

Just havin a little fun here Tony.... It's allowed!!! Nobody is annointing him the messiah!!

Just breathe! Have a drink! Relax! Nobody got hurt! 'cept you I guess...... Butt hurt that is!!!