SIGNED QB Johnny Stanton

http://sportsillustr...acks/index.html

Silly rivals analysts.... They don't even have him in their top 11.

Another anaylists opinion... from scout. Interesting that he says only 32 throws or so. Coaches Elite 11 should come out soon.

"Scott Kennedy ‏@ScoutKennedy

My personal Elite 11 after 5 days and 32 or so throws: 1. Morris 2. Olsen 3. Woulard 4. Browne 5. Goff 6. Ramsey 7. Bateman 8. Dobbs cont.

9. Hackenberg 10. Kincade 11. Zaire and no, don't expect big rankings changes coming off of a 30 throw shorts and Tshirt event"

When looking at those two lists, I noticed both Scout & Rivals only listed one 3* each in their Top 11 (Scout: Dobbs, Rivals: Woulard).

Furthermore, of the Elite 11 picked yesterday the following are 3* on both Rivals & Scout: Johnny Stanton, Shane Cockerille, Luke Del Rio, Zack Greenlee.

I can't help but think Rivals & Scout didn't want to list the above mentioned 3* (minus Dobbs, Woulard) for the sake of their own pride? Their credibility could be called into question. After this weekend's performances, is Scout still comfortable keeping Stanton ranked @ #42, Cockerille @ #44, Del Rio @ #37, Greenlee @ #84? Does their credibility as analysts hinge on it? <--Last question is rhetorical, btw.

Just goes to show how subjective these evaluations are between the various recruiting services.

I bet your right and i think it has alot to do with it. Its telling at the end of his tweet when he says.... and no, don't expect big rankings changes coming off of a 30 throw shorts and Tshirt event. Trying to downplay the whole event. My guess is they probably wont bump anyone up yet, but will quitely do it later during thier senior seasons. Ive seen alot of praise for Johnny even from other QBs there. The Del Rio kid, when asked who stood out at the camp he said Johnny Stanton, and went on to gush about him. Went 8 for 8 and 7 for 8 on the first 2 days.

Personally I think a lot of it is the recruiting sites trying to save face. They get paid huge dollars for their "expert" opinions from us the fans and from the schools for their lists. If now all of the sudden coaches are saying they're off the mark that's a blemish on their record. Its as much of a sales pitch of their product as any real truth to who might be the best player. Truth is...most consumers would like them better if they stated they made a mistake. Humility goes a long ways.

My thoughts exactly. Hurts the ego when a three star is grouped in with the highest rated pro style kid in a long time.

I don't get the "downplay" on Trent. He was a winner any way you want to look at it. Plus, what the hell has he said negative about JS? It's a stupid debate. He won a Super Bowl and wasn't an "all-world" QB. He knew his place then and he knows his stuff now. I have alot of respect for a hard working guy like him ... He carries alot of Husker values ... so I just don't get this board sometimes. Guess there is alot of "penis-envy" on here or something.

He's widely recognized as the worst QB to ever win a Super Bowl, this isn't news and it shouldn't be controversial. It's his claim to fame. The Ravens had arguably the greatest defense in the history of the sport that year. Easily top 3. "He" didn't win squat. He sucked.

That doesn't mean he can't evaluate talent, however. Two completely different skill sets.

Dude, why do you care so much? THis is about Johnny, no one gives a sh#t what you think about some retired QB. Let it go....

Back to Johnny.

I think we all know what kind of QB we are getting, why care about stars or ranking?

• Fire 1

http://sportsillustr...acks/index.html

Silly rivals analysts.... They don't even have him in their top 11.

Another anaylists opinion... from scout. Interesting that he says only 32 throws or so. Coaches Elite 11 should come out soon.

"Scott Kennedy ‏@ScoutKennedy

My personal Elite 11 after 5 days and 32 or so throws: 1. Morris 2. Olsen 3. Woulard 4. Browne 5. Goff 6. Ramsey 7. Bateman 8. Dobbs cont.

9. Hackenberg 10. Kincade 11. Zaire and no, don't expect big rankings changes coming off of a 30 throw shorts and Tshirt event"

When looking at those two lists, I noticed both Scout & Rivals only listed one 3* each in their Top 11 (Scout: Dobbs, Rivals: Woulard).

Furthermore, of the Elite 11 picked yesterday the following are 3* on both Rivals & Scout: Johnny Stanton, Shane Cockerille, Luke Del Rio, Zack Greenlee.

I can't help but think Rivals & Scout didn't want to list the above mentioned 3* (minus Dobbs, Woulard) for the sake of their own pride? Their credibility could be called into question. After this weekend's performances, is Scout still comfortable keeping Stanton ranked @ #42, Cockerille @ #44, Del Rio @ #37, Greenlee @ #84? Does their credibility as analysts hinge on it? <--Last question is rhetorical, btw.

Just goes to show how subjective these evaluations are between the various recruiting services.

The rivals and scout guys didn't have full access to the guys and see everything they were doing and being taught, that will affect ratings. That said, you know damn well these sites are biased towards the guys they have ranked higher and are going to downplay that the staff that spent real time with these recruits aren't backing-up some of those rankings.

If there is one sure thing to come out of these things it's that Stanton should have a higher rating and Swoopes should have a lower one.

• Nebraska commit Johnny Stanton (Rancho Santa Margarita, Fla./Santa Margarita) moves from No. 274 to No. 234 in the ESPN 300.

Joshua Dobbs moved up from 248 to 190. Devante Kincade moved up to 252 from 300+. (Kincade didn't even make the top 11)

I think we all know what kind of QB we are getting, why care about stars or ranking?

It doesn't really matter, but it's interesting to see the bias