SIGNED QB Johnny Stanton

Kid literally limped his way to victory.

Iron will, that guy.

Johnny Stanton's Gutsy Performance

Nebraska quarterback commitment Johnny Stanton played the final part of his game with a torn ACL and managed to gut out a win against a powerful opponent. See all of his highlights from the Santa Margarita / St. Bonaventure showdown.

Highlights

RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA – There was a new operator behind the light-blue passing machine that fired footballs at Santa Margarita receivers after practice Tuesday.

Instead of an assistant coach at the controls it was Johnny Stanton, the Eagles' injured quarterback known for his ability to spin pinpoint passes.

Stanton's newly acquired crutches were nearby as he placed footballs into the device and barked "Go!" to teammates running routes.

The senior is used to directing Santa Margarita's football engine on the field, but he has quickly found new ways to contribute. He also is helping to coach the quarterbacks, including his potential replacement, Josh Canty.

"I want to be as involved as I can," Stanton said. "We haven't lost any hope in the season. We still think that we can win the Trinity League. We still think we can win the CIF championship."

For the past five weeks, Stanton led top-ranked Santa Margarita with the bravado that made him arguably Orange County's best-known high school athlete. He was a reigning CIF champion delivering a rousing encore for a team ranked No. 1 in the nation by ESPN.

Continue Reading

RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA – There was a new operator behind the light-blue passing machine that fired footballs at Santa Margarita receivers after practice Tuesday.

Instead of an assistant coach at the controls it was Johnny Stanton, the Eagles' injured quarterback known for his ability to spin pinpoint passes.

Stanton's newly acquired crutches were nearby as he placed footballs into the device and barked "Go!" to teammates running routes.

The senior is used to directing Santa Margarita's football engine on the field, but he has quickly found new ways to contribute. He also is helping to coach the quarterbacks, including his potential replacement, Josh Canty.

"I want to be as involved as I can," Stanton said. "We haven't lost any hope in the season. We still think that we can win the Trinity League. We still think we can win the CIF championship."

For the past five weeks, Stanton led top-ranked Santa Margarita with the bravado that made him arguably Orange County's best-known high school athlete. He was a reigning CIF champion delivering a rousing encore for a team ranked No. 1 in the nation by ESPN.

Continue Reading

So excited about this kid.

no biggie but he came up one spot short in the new CA. rankings for moving up to a 4 star...thanks rivals!!!

Meh! If all we get from here till forever are Johnny Stanton 3* QBs, I'll sleep well at night :thumbs

thats what im saying foo sure.. but you know i would like some people to recognize that the kid is a talent and deserves to be bumped up!!! not an ego thing just somethign he deserves!!!