SIGNED QB Johnny Stanton

Does anyone else see him more as a Safety than a QB?

No way. Go watch his Elite 11 shows if you haven't already. The kid runs like Tebow but also has a good arm. Trent Dilfer fell in love with Johnny, and I have a feeling that Husker fans will eventually as well.

:wub:

I just don't see him as a top recruit like others. No way he will be better than Tommy Armstrong. I've seen plenty of kids on Elite 11 that don't pan out. He has great character and is a tough kid, but don't see him over Tommy. Stats obviously aren't everything, but if you only throw 60% and have 13 TD's 8 INTs in high school...meh

Umm....That's fine if Armstrong is better. But, it'll be nice to have a really good backup while TA is here in case of injury, and also really great to have them a couple years apart so when TA graduates JS can fill in right away.

Actually they'll only be 1 year apart so hope JS is ok waiting until his his redshirt senior year if TA is the man and stays healthy.

Stanton is a good enough athlete and has a good enough sized frame to contribute at other positions should TA take the reigns and not let go after next year.

Let's just hope that if it comes to that, he does it to a position that isn't already loaded, ala Carnes. Love to see a team player like that though... I respect Carnes an awful lot.

He actually had schools like UCLA, Auburn, Wahsington, and USC looking at him as a safety. A Rivals guy said when he was a soph in HS he projected him as a 4-star strong saftey

I dig in deep when it comes to recruitng --used to 'help' for a site and am usually pretty spot on seeing talent levels (I know ppl won't beleive me, but that's fine). He would fit in well at safety. Has the work ethic etc it seems to improve as a passer. Whoever emerges will have plenty of play makers - Abdullah, Heard, Cross, Bell, Turner, Allen, Westerkamp OH MY

He actually had schools like UCLA, Auburn, Wahsington, and USC looking at him as a safety. A Rivals guy said when he was a soph in HS he projected him as a 4-star strong saftey

I dig in deep when it comes to recruitng --used to 'help' for a site and am usually pretty spot on seeing talent levels (I know ppl won't beleive me, but that's fine). He would fit in well at safety. Has the work ethic etc it seems to improve as a passer. Whoever emerges will have plenty of play makers - Abdullah, Heard, Cross, Bell, Turner, Allen, Westerkamp OH MY

I saw him moreso as an H-back from the naked eye Ern. But seeing his intangibles and his personality, I think he can win a ton of games for any team that wants to give him a shot at QB. Which I am very glad it was us.

I saw him moreso as an H-back from the naked eye Ern. But seeing his intangibles and his personality, I think he can win a ton of games for any team that wants to give him a shot at QB. Which I am very glad it was us.

Hmmmm.........it is like you had heard the winning thing in a previous conversation recently or something. The cat that said that obviously is a border line genius. However sociopath is probably more like it

• Fire 1

Hmmmm.........it is like you had heard the winning thing in a previous conversation recently or something. The cat that said that obviously is a border line genius. However sociopath is probably more like it

Its almost as though really quality posters agree on a few things???? :)

AND I SAID NO JOURNEY PSYCH OUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Fire 1