SIGNED QB Johnny Stanton

Nobody can run the option like Frazier did... not even Turner! Tommy was running the option when he was 7 years old... so he knows an option QB when he see's one and a QB who isn't meant for the option when he sees one.

Couldn't agree more! He was as good as it gets, he always made the right decision and rarely made a mistake or took a loss on the play. Jamelle Holieway would probably be the next closest option qb to him.

Nobody can run the option like Frazier did... not even Turner! Tommy was running the option when he was 7 years old... so he knows an option QB when he see's one and a QB who isn't meant for the option when he sees one.

Couldn't agree more! He was as good as it gets, he always made the right decision and rarely made a mistake or took a loss on the play. Jamelle Holieway would probably be the next closest option qb to him.

I'd take Crouch....

I'd take Crouch....

How much did Crouch actually run a true option compared to designed qb runs such as the QB powers, isos, and leads. Some of them types of plays were just developed for Frost. Frazier did not operate many designed qb runs. I think maybe the Fiesta Bowl against Florida, they would spread out 5 wides and let Frazier do a draw trap, but other than that, he was mostly running conventional option runs.

I'd take Crouch....

How much did Crouch actually run a true option compared to designed qb runs such as the QB powers, isos, and leads. Some of them types of plays were just developed for Frost. Frazier did not operate many designed qb runs. I think maybe the Fiesta Bowl against Florida, they would spread out 5 wides and let Frazier do a draw trap, but other than that, he was mostly running conventional option runs.

I was referring too which QB I would prefer if I was starting a traditional Nebraska team.... Imagine Crouch with that 1995 Husker talent! Scary good....

I'd take Crouch....

I was referring too which QB I would prefer if I was starting a traditional Nebraska team.... Imagine Crouch with that 1995 Husker talent! Scary good....

There is no wrong answer in this argument. They are both right.

I'd take Crouch....

Frazier is the greatest Husker quarterback we have seen (so far). An argument could be made for the greatest college quarterback across the board. And the 95' Husker team was scary good lol

crouch would have rendered the rbs useless. and i dont mean that in a good way.

Pretty sure Lawrence would have had a talk with him about that.

I'd take Crouch....

gocha. Both Frazier and Crouch had incredible competiveness.

This is a ridiculous statement.... Did Crouch have Phillips, and Green behind him for 4 years? No he had Alexander, and Buckhalter for the most part.... I should point out that I'm not hating on Frazier here; he was a fantastic college QB, one of the best of all-time. However, if you allow yourself too set aside the hard feelings for Crouch, you could see that he was just as good as anyone we've ever had here....

This is a ridiculous statement.... Did Crouch have Phillips, and Green behind him for 4 years? No he had Alexander, and Buckhalter for the most part.... I should point out that I'm not hating on Frazier here; he was a fantastic college QB, one of the best of all-time. However, if you allow yourself too set aside the hard feelings for Crouch, you could see that he was just as good as anyone we've ever had here....

I have seen all of them, going back to Tagge....Crouch was great...Tommie was better

• Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I was bored so I watched the Elite 11 camp video series. If you have some time on your hands I'd recommend watching it. It made me feel really good about the kid after hearing Trent Dilfer talk about him. Johnny Stanton was ranked the number 1 QB in the country by their staff for the majority of the camp week. And that staff is nothing to sneeze at in terms of QB acumen; Trent Dilfer, Jordan Palmer, and George Whitfield (QB coach who tutored Newton and Manziel) to name a few.

It also speaks to our coaching staff's ability to recognize and get looks from top prospects. I remember we were seriously being considered by three other QB's who performed well in these videos, Malik Zaire, Devante Kincade, and Anthony Jennings, all who would be perfect fits for our offense as well. But I'm glad we have Johnny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmwYT0P5cys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBLaTG0KHKw

• Fire 1