SIGNED QB Johnny Stanton

• 2 weeks later...

There is a lot to be excited for with the last two recruiting classes. Johnny S is one of the reasons why.

http://www.cornnation.com/2013/1/23/3906358/nebraska-recruiting-huskers-qb-commit-johnny-stanton-ready-for-lincoln

More recently, he found himself watching a game that most Husker fans probably would've preferred he missed: the 2012 Big Ten Championship Game.

"I want to get to Lucas Oil Statium and the Rose Bowl. I was talking to (fellow Nebraska commit) Josh Banderas during the game and that’s something we’re definitely aspiring to do."

Looking to begin pre-medical courses at Nebraska, he's clearly not adverse to a challenge or three.

There seems to only be one truly simple thing about Johnny Stanton: the mission statement for his Cornhusker career.

"Husker fans can expect me to be someone they want to represent them."

I find it somewhat interesting - though not exactly surprising - that he didn't end up a little higher based on how he fared at Elite 11. That was really the best chance to compare the QBs. Not that everyone has to go by what the Elite 11 guys did but I don't think he ended up in the top 10 or even 15 of any rankings. I realize his injury probably had something to do with that but I kind of thought he end up higher in at least one set of rankings.

Not that I'm concerned. He can show them on the field (in a couple years).

• Fire 1

I find it somewhat interesting - though not exactly surprising - that he didn't end up a little higher based on how he fared at Elite 11. That was really the best chance to compare the QBs. Not that everyone has to go by what the Elite 11 guys did but I don't think he ended up in the top 10 or even 15 of any rankings. I realize his injury probably had something to do with that but I kind of thought he end up higher in at least one set of rankings.

Not that I'm concerned. He can show them on the field (in a couple years).

A lot of the elite 11 dealt with classroom sessions, that weird physical fitness stuff the first day, and on field practices. The scouting services did not get to see any of the classroom work and only as much of the practice as they bother to show up for. Most of the rave reviews came from the camp staff after the classroom sessions. He just didn't as much to separate himself from the pack in the practices. Admittedly tougher to do when you miss the final day and a half, and are built like a fullback doing nothing but 7 on 7 drills. Heaven forbid he have a chance to truck a linebacker and show more of his ability...