23 y.o. father beats 47 y.o. man to death after catching him molesting 4 y.o. daughter

On the one hand, I know it's not right to kill a person. On the other hand, I might have done the same thing if it was my kid. It's just good thing this happened in Texas rather than some candy-assed East coast state where they'd throw the book at him. He'll probly just get a slap on the wrist by the Texas courts. And about 10,000 slaps on the back in his hometown.

The only thing he's guilty of is why he isn't still repeatedly kicking the sh*t out of him dead or alive. You touch my kid, you better hope to hell someone kills me before I can get my hands on you, because I'm going to f you up. Won't be happy about it, but you don't touch children, especially mine. If I rot in prison knowing I protected my child, So be it.

• Fire 1

As a father of a 3 yr old girl, I would have absolutely done the same thing. To me, there is nothing more innocent then a young girl and to have some guy violate her like that just makes me sick. like Aspeed said, i would buy this guy a beer or two.

For once, a story of common sense justice. The father will not be charged after a Grand Jury review:

Grand jury: No indictment against father who killed daughter's alleged abuser

(CNN) -- A Lavaca County, Texas, grand jury did not return an indictment against a father who killed a man he found allegedly sexually abusing his daughter, officials said Tuesday at a press conference in Hallettsville, Texas.

"The substantial amount of evidence showed that the witness statements and the father's statement and what the father had observed was in fact what had happened that day," Lavaca County District Attorney Heather McMinn told reporters.

The father, who will not be charged, is not being named by CNN to protect the identity of his daughter.

The father called 911, and he and his family tried to "save the life" of alleged attacker Jesus Mora Flores "despite what they had just witnessed," McMinn added.

I can't imagine there isn't a father here who would react differently than this father reacted after what he saw. It was sheer misfortune that the man died as a result of the beating, and it's nice to see that the prosecutors understood that.