I do see some of the this years recruiting class and last years, leaving when they have had time to think about what just happened. I would not want to be a running back or wide receiver trying to run behind a line that would be 2nd or 3rd string. Waiting from a pass from a qb that is being chased or hurried up, and is probably a back up at any other school. Two years from now, that's probably what it will be like at Penn St. The defensive players have to know they will be on the field a whole lot more than they ever planned on. For these players that want to make it to the next level, its not a good fit any longer. Lets see what it looks like, a week from now. I think the flood of players leaving starts soon.

GBR!!!

I still think it will be a bit of a domino effect, right now, the guys that are at PSU are coming together and taking the "us vs them" approach and they should. The thing is, in a few days you start chatting it over with some of your friends on the team and you start talking about how crappy it is and how crappy it will be and you start to explore some options.

When USC got hit with sanctions a couple years back, six players transferred. What would be reasonable in light of these sanctions? Twice that? Three times that?

I do think the type of players recruited to Penn State are different than those that are at USC. I think you'll see a lot more character on this team than anything in So Cal. Whether that translates to unity during this or not is yet to be seen, but I think it'll count for something. If a guy like Redd comes out and says he's 100% committed that will go a long ways. If he's on a plane to USC next week, or up at OSU looking at the campus...then that'll open the flood gates. As of now, no one wants to be the first.

of course osu (and maybe, to a lesser extent usc) would benefit from this. damn you, urban meyer!

tumblr_l9i4abLVeD1qc073co1_400.gif

i would not be surprised to see a massive exodus, can not blame them.

lol

For the record I don't believe the NCAA has decided on whether teams currently under sanctions will be eligible for the transfer exemption.

Would these "transfers" even be on scholarship? Penn state sure as hell won't pay for there scholly on another team. But for this upcoming season everyone has used there scholarships? how does that work out?

nevermind i just heard that they would remain on PSU scholarship and play for another school, WOW!

I think you misunderstood it. They are free to transfer, yes. If so, they would need a scholly at the school they go to. They can decide to not play football and still remain as a scholly athlete at Penn State. The NCAA did not say you could still have a scholarship, transfer to another school and remain a scholly athlete at Penn State ... as I heard it.

well thats what i initially thought, but Lou Holtz said they would remain on scholarship at PSU while at another school. So maybe he was wrong, i have no idea.

well there's your problem, don't listen to Lou Holtz. He has no idea what he's talking about. Every year he still thinks Notre Dame is a darkhorse for the National Championship.

I thought this was interesting:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/penn-state-football-goes-damage-224229589--ncaaf.html

Players such as incoming freshman offensive lineman Anthony Stanko from Warren, Ohio, can transfer out with no restrictions at any time during their careers.

Stanko's mother, Julie, said the family was shocked by the NCAA's decision to sanction the program.

''We feel that the players and current coaching staff had nothing to do with the situation,'' she said. ''We came to try to be in a healing era for Penn State and all its victims, and I feel as a parent that my son is being punished for the ignorance of others.''

PSU really must have sold these recruits and parents on the idea that there would be no NCAA sanctions. She is right, her son is being punished for HER ignorance. They came a little early. The healing might start sometime in 2017... 2018... OK... 2019.

• Fire 1

Silas Redd considering transfering to USC. the rich get richer :lame

Personally, I think USC should be held to their scholarship limit and not allowed the conditional transfer rule because they are on scholarship probation. And if I were them I would think long and hard about taking PSU players if they are allowed under the conditional transfer rules because they will really be short the next year. It would be a big depth issue down the road.

For Nebraska I would prefer not taking any PSU players but I have no problem with the verbal recruits switching.

I thought this was interesting:

http://sports.yahoo....589--ncaaf.html

Players such as incoming freshman offensive lineman Anthony Stanko from Warren, Ohio, can transfer out with no restrictions at any time during their careers.

Stanko's mother, Julie, said the family was shocked by the NCAA's decision to sanction the program.

''We feel that the players and current coaching staff had nothing to do with the situation,'' she said. ''We came to try to be in a healing era for Penn State and all its victims, and I feel as a parent that my son is being punished for the ignorance of others.''

PSU really must have sold these recruits and parents on the idea that there would be no NCAA sanctions. She is right, her son is being punished for HER ignorance. They came a little early. The healing might start sometime in 2017... 2018... OK... 2019.

For the record players/ recruits are NOT being punished.

They can still play football for Penn State.

They have been given special dispensation to switch to another school if they want to continue to play football at another venue.

If they decide to give up football & focus on academics they have had their scholarships guaranteed.

The NCAA is bending over backwards for these kids. To say they are being punished is complete nonsense.

----

To follow up on my earlier post...

Looks like the decision has been made...

"And finally, a school already facing scholarship limits because of NCAA infractions, such as Ohio State or USC, may add a Penn State player as long as it doesn't exceed the limits specified in its infractions ruling. So USC can add Penn State running back Silas Redd as long as it doesn't exceed its NCAA-mandated scholarship limit of 75."

So they split the difference with Ohio State & USC (ie can accept transfer but can't go over the scholarship limit for this year like other teams can).

• Fire 2

They are not getting what they want, therefore they are being punished. They want to play for Penn State with little or no noticeable sanctions in place, or what the rest of the country would consider a slap on the wrist. It's the entitlement in people that sucks the most.

From where they sit I can see how much it sucks. I would not stop being a Husker fan if it came out that Osborne enabled something horrific like Sandusky - I'd just stop respecting Osborne and his accomplishments. But I would hope (and I'm probably being obtuse here) that I would recognize that the punishments my school is getting today have nothing to do with the current coaches, players or Administration - it has everything to do with sending a message to anyone else who would even think about harboring scum like Sandusky in the future.

They're not punishing 2012 Penn State. They're warning Future College Football Programs.

• Fire 1
They are not getting what they want, therefore they are being punished. They want to play for Penn State with little or no noticeable sanctions in place, or what the rest of the country would consider a slap on the wrist. It's the entitlement in people that sucks the most.

From where they sit I can see how much it sucks. I would not stop being a Husker fan if it came out that Osborne enabled something horrific like Sandusky - I'd just stop respecting Osborne and his accomplishments. But I would hope (and I'm probably being obtuse here) that I would recognize that the punishments my school is getting today have nothing to do with the current coaches, players or Administration - it has everything to do with sending a message to anyone else who would even think about harboring scum like Sandusky in the future.

They're not punishing 2012 Penn State. They're warning Future College Football Programs.

Very well put !!

You hit the nail right on the head.

And rational people, fans, can take a step back and understand that. The people in Pennsylvania, however, are so delusional that they'll never figure it out.

I understand that there is a huge difference between college and pro football, but go to an Eagles game sometime, most of whom are PSU fans as well...the things you hear will make you realize the mentality.

Well said