Dienhart: Things I learned at Nebraska practice

NUance

I wonder who they would use in the 3-4

Rome-Valentine-Baker? Hmmmm, probably not

I was thinking Baker would make a decent end in a 34. Not sure if we have a single nose guard on the roster though.

VV is/could be a true nose, not only huge but very quick. That makes him a MUST double team. The thing is, he is just a true freshmen. Hopefully he owned the weigh room

Deedsker you could go back to the same game, I watched it last night, and find a clip of Taylor not dropping back far enough and firing and incomplete pass because he felt pressure from the line. But when you really watch it you see all the LBs drop back into zones opening up enough space for him to slide to a first down. I think some of his indecisiveness will be fixed this year due to maturity and time in the system, but there is definitely room to improve. If you see 10 yards of green take it, if you running and going to get hit DROP don't just slow down, just make a quick decision and stick with it.

I didn't say he is perfect. He is definitely not a complete passer, but it is funny how everybody wants to jump on just the bad or just the good. There is a mix of both and I just hope he gets better. Nobody is perfect and sometimes others are lifted to high. Just like to point out the "game tape all afternoon" of his terrible play. That is all.

I was finally able to watch the BTN presentation. The one thing that impressed me was how fit our guys looked! They really looked like they could play some smashmouth football! Even Taylor looked bigger.

I also thought it was interesting that they are already predicting that Rex will be a Heisman candidate. Wouldn't that be sweet!

One question I had for the board: Do you agree that our wins this year will be more determined by Taylor's running than his passing? I figured it would be a combination of the two?

One question I had for the board: Do you agree that our wins this year will be more determined by Taylor's running than his passing? I figured it would be a combination of the two?

With the receiving we have, Taylor only has to be a little bit better for our offense to be scary. Imagine getting Bell, Turner, Reed or Burkhead the ball in space several times a game. Simple little passes to the flat, slants, quick outs, Reed streaking down the seam... if Taylor can consistently hit those passes, Defensive Coordinators across the Big Ten will be buying stock in Tums.

The best thing about this article is the outsiders perspective...Praise coming from somewhere other than the coaching staff. Very nice.

Outside perspective? The BTN isn't going to trash Nebraska's team.... They are there to pump your ass full of sunshine, and optimism.... AND I APPRECIATE IT!!

Especially after the half-assed coverage the Big XII gave Nebraska over the years. And when Wendell Barnhouse became the Big XII writer (after coming from the Ft. Worth Star-Telegram, where he would go out of his way to insult Nebraska whenever possible), coverage couldn't have gotten s*****er.

Can't wait to see the BTN expand their coverage in the coming years. Should be great.

I was thinking Baker would make a decent end in a 34. Not sure if we have a single nose guard on the roster though.

I think this might be why we are hearing so much about Vincent Valentine...

PSGPOBSGHPKERIE.20120719141312.JPG

#98 Vincent Valentine

Position: Defensive Tackle Height: 6'3" Weight: 320

I always knew Biggie Smalls wasn't dead.

• Fire 2

I think this might be why we are hearing so much about Vincent Valentine...

PSGPOBSGHPKERIE.20120719141312.JPG

#98 Vincent Valentine

Position: Defensive Tackle Height: 6'3" Weight: 320

I always knew Biggie Smalls wasn't dead.

Glad I wasn't the only one that saw that.. +1