Depth Chart for Southern Miss Released

Brion Carnes' name is pronounced BREE-on? I guess you learn something new everyday

How did you think it was pronounced? Like Brian?

That's exactly what I thought lol. Probably just because that's what I've heard from ESPN's talking heads.... They're like a drug. I know I shouldn't listen, but I just keep on doing it anyway

Looks like Carnes days are numbered. Hope to see Marrow in there quite a bit. Z. Anderson behind Santos at 3rd string is surprising since many on here seemed to think during his recruitment he'd come in and be starting.

I think this sentiment has to do more with our depth at LB. when Lavonte came in, we had no choice but throw him in the deep end cause of injuries! And let's face it, to expect another Vonte is just wishful thinking. Do you know if Zaire has a redshirt available?

I am very excited at the prospect of seeing RK3 get some playing time. Great walk-on story.

Me too. Not to be a Martinez Hater, but from what I've heard RKIII has a better arm and is more of a pure passer. I know we want the opponent to defend 11-on-11, and that's why Martinez is in there, but with this WR corps, if Martinez can't get them the ball, we're wasting a top-notch set of pass-catchers.

So I just read the breakdowns of the depth chart by LJS and whatever the other one was, and then it occurred to me....

PREDICTION:

By the end of the season, Ciante Evans will be the starter opposite Andrew Green at CB and Charles Jackson will start at Nickel. Book it, 'cause I can see it happening.

Looks like Carnes days are numbered. Hope to see Marrow in there quite a bit. Z. Anderson behind Santos at 3rd string is surprising since many on here seemed to think during his recruitment he'd come in and be starting.

I thought I heard on the radio this morning that Seisy was hurt and that should limit his playing time at least for this week. I can't remember what they said was wrong with him though. It didn't sound serious.

Seisay has an ankle injury and may play a few snaps tomorrow, so you're right, I don't think its that serious.

So I just read the breakdowns of the depth chart by LJS and whatever the other one was, and then it occurred to me....

PREDICTION:

By the end of the season, Ciante Evans will be the starter opposite Andrew Green at CB and Charles Jackson will start at Nickel. Book it, 'cause I can see it happening.

Idk, Evans is more of a natural nickle. Jackson has the making of a shutdown outside corner.