*** The Official UCLA Game Discussion Thread ***

knapplc

I would like to see the O continue to be productive. Perhaps not as well as last week, but no real drop off. No stupid penalties. Sound fundamentals on the D. Am hoping to see Mo at CB some. Rex not play (Blasphemy I know, but I want him 100%). See Zaire, Anderson and Santos and the young guys on the D line. Someone step up at DB and make us say Haag who?

I think UCLA is going to try and put a lot of heat on Tmart, so I suspect some big plays.

So offensively my 2 keys would be: Can Taylor recognize the blitz and get us in the right play. Secondly, can the line & backs pick up the blitzes. I see a lot of slants, hitches & play action for the deeper stuff.

Defensively: If we employ the nickel&dime a lot, I would like to see Fischer in there to cover their 6-7 TE as an LB. What I would really like is have Fischer play RE on passing downs and drop in coverage in the nickel & dime packages. That would be better yet. I would do stunts up the middle to get heat on hundley. Play more 1&1 coverage in the back. I liked what I saw from Jackson & Cooper. Get them involved near the LOS in run support.

I hope we see better tackling and discipline from our front 7. Also hoping for better special teams play.

Ultimately, I think this game will still be won by the offense. I hope Taylor doesn't try to do to much, playing in front of family and friends the week after he got so much media/fan praise for his usm performance.

I think last weeks Passing will open up the Run this week. Martinez is showing great poise when setting up the pass, and I think he is smarter with his passing too. The Key thing, is UCLA won't just have to beat 1 guy, hey have to beat the entire Cornhusker Football Team. There is something special about the 2012 Cornhusker Football team, and we have only just begun to see the tip of the iceberg. This game against UCLA, we will really start to see the Team Unity and how they are pulling for one another, and how they would give up their bodies for each other.

I don't see how anyone can have any idea what this game will be like.

As a UCLA fan, I do not think the game over Rice can be interepreted in any way because the Owls are just awful. I did see one thing last week that I liked a lot: much better playcalling than in the previous regime.

And I am not sure how valid Nebraska's one game is. Is Southern Mississippi good at all? I know that they are better than Rice but who isn't? Is there any guarantee that Taylor Martinez' bad habits won't show up again?

Just too many unknowns to really know enough to make a good prediction...but it is fun.

Honestly I am hoping for a close, competitive game with no serious injuries to either side. Would it surprise me if Nebraska won big? Not really. Would it surprise me if UCLA won big? Yes. Would it suprise me if the game is close. I cannot say. I just have not seen enough from the Bruins against a good team. I will know a lot more about them tonight.

I think that anyone who bets on a game the second week of the college football season is plum out of their mind.